RL 411

maxpeto

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for dual SUs?

Since the quote is "datsun RL411" the answer is "Yes.".  The RL411 filter is about one inch shorter than the Roadster equivalent.  I can provide the Nissan part number if that helps, I probably have the last 3 original boxed OEM sealed filters in existence.  They have to last me the next 40 years!

Figure out the height, thickness, and diameter, as a circle and replace old filter with a new filter with same specs. After getting home remove from box and proceed to squeeze circle into matching oval that fits and seals your assembly correctly.

If you can do this, go to K&N's website with those dimensions, hopefully get a K&N part #, reverse cross reference the K&N # to an application, take that application somewhere (local parts store, rockauto.com etc) and buy a cheap paper element.  If that works out for you, and you want a high quality filter, go back and buy the expensive K&N, once you are sure that the cheap paper element will fit!