Crossmember mod?

kwoo510

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The general engineering rule is to replace the volume of material removed with 150% of added mass. Looks like you need to add gussets, "L" shaped material" covering the steel you didn't cut and the material you are going to add on. Two "L"s, one on either side, should do the trick.

The general engineering rule is to replace the volume of material removed with 150% of added mass. Looks like you need to add gussets, "L" shaped material" covering the steel you didn't cut and the material you are going to add on. Two "L"s, one on either side, should do the trick.

Let me see if I understand this. Let's say I remove 1 cubic inch of metal, I need to add 1.5 cubic inch back?

If there wasn't anything to find out(or fabricate), it would be dull. Even trying to find out and not finding out is just as interesting as trying to find out and finding out; and I don't know but more so.

Mark Twain is Samuel Clemons I might be wrong

Anyway back on topic, that looks like too much metal to cut away, make shure you have a good jig

Samuel Clemens AKA

Mark Twain > is his pen name

Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910), better known by the pen name Mark Twain, was an American humorist, satirist, lecturer and writer. Twain is most noted for his novels Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which has since been called the Great American Novel, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

sorry I got carried away.

back to het original topic

I agree w/ mark, ice & indy