My first Datsun!

DatLady620

Hey everyone, Just joined the site. My husband has been a member for a while and he is responsible for my new addiction. He has a 510 and I couldn't understand why he was so in love with such a pile of rust. After owning it for almost a year now I totally get it! So I have just bought my first Datsun, its a 76 620. Once I figure out how to post some pics on here I will!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/ and ask hubby as well to walk you through it.

Welcome to Ratsun. We need more female members here so glad to have you for your perspective on the vehicles so close to all our hearts..

• Like 1

Nice 620. Same color as my 710 goon too. You just need a DS fender and front valance and it's new again. Like the chrome rims, have them on my 620. Found in dumpster behind tire place. Some kid buying 17" rims for his chebby is my guess. They look great on a 620 without offending my bling sensitivity.

Truck dearly needs to be lower. Even from the factory they were lower at the front with a rake angle that leveled out when carrying a load. Your front looks higher than the back.

Yeah you got that right! She tops out about 60 lol. The interior is in real good condtion. Everything works. Only major thing is the bench seat and there is some discoloration on the front of the glove box. I def lucked out. I do need to figure out a way to make the dash lights brighter though.

Yeah you got that right! She tops out about 60 lol. The interior is in real good condtion. Everything works. Only major thing is the bench seat and there is some discoloration on the front of the glove box. I def lucked out. I do need to figure out a way to make the dash lights brighter though.

\

dash lights are easy... convert to LED's - read the thread for my 78 KC 

We'll get you over 70 no problem. As to the dash lights I wrote this years ago and Skib kept it as a signature on his profile page...

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

• Like 1