better antenna? (620)

Dawa

hi yall im pawluh dean

jk

hi so has anyone replaced their stock 620 antenna for one that perhaps isnt extendable

and/or for one with better reception? 

i am considering the one you mount near the rear view mirror but right now

im specifically lookin for an external solution

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at one of those at Oriellys because we painted my sons car and forgot to drill a hole for a antenaa ( DOH!!) and in person that thing looked huge,, seemed like it would look like a remote control airplane hanging in the back window

But it was only $17.99 and Crutchfield wanted i think $19. before shipping. for what looked to be the excact same thing.

I got one from a Nissan micra? some newer POS. It fits the driver's side and has a plastic tube extending down inside the windshield pillar to the kick panel. The single rod extends out and in all the way. If backing in the bush the driver can easily reach out his side and lower it. It's also away fro the sidewalk where kids could snap it off.

All too many years ago aftermarket windshield antennas were available They were thin wire units fastened to the inside of the windscreen and had a center tapped transformer which was hidden under the dash. The center tap was the unbalanced AM lead to the radio. The transformer leads were the balanced FM input to the radio [no "Audio super boom boxes" available, thank God, in those days!] This performed very well as compared to the factory windshield installation in my then 1970 Buick Electra.