Rims, and Tyres?? best suited on a 720. Show us what you got!

720LOW

Hello everyone, 

Playing around with my 720 build atm, lowered it the other day now it's looking at me asking for a set of rims! I am yet stumped on what tyre and rim packages would best suit my 720 anyone have a particular rim tyre preference and why?

I'm looking at performance, handling. style is nice too.. my truck is a daily, I am thinking a 16"x7JJ offset 30. Nissan EB 410 WA31. Alloy of a titan. with a low profile.

Not 100% what to use I like the idea of 18" rims yet laws state only a 2" rim update from stock. stock being 14" so 16" are safe. meh 

If anyone has any photos of there cars or know semi what rim would best suit please help lol thanks heaps. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any wheel size bigger than 15" (unless 4wd) ends up with a tire that has a very short sidewall. Short sidewalls (less than 60 series) tend to ride rough and are much more expensive 2 buy. I think 235-60-15's are the best compromise in ride quality, price, looks. As much tire as u can stuff under a 720 w/o rubbing on the inner fenders up front and rubbing on bed in rear. Almost same outside diameter as stock so speedo still right. I run early 60's Chev/Gmc steel wheels, trim rings, dogdish hubcaps with Les Shwab "Grand Am Radial GTs" wht lettered 235-60-15's. They look nice...constant positive comments. Steel wheels are often lighter than aluminum and usually stronger. I would avoid 16", 17", 18" wheels if I were u...

Here's mine... I got these from a guy who had them on his Chevy 4x4 pickup and wanted to go bigger, the rims are 16x7" and the tires are 265-75-16 and they measure just over 32" tall. The chevy 6 bolt pattern fits perfectly and the offset is just right as well. I'm not sure if I'll keep this setup since I'd like the rims wider, but they look better than what was on it when I bought the truck and they ride nice too. This is about as big as I can go without the front tires rubbing or adding more lift.

53tg.jpg

9008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of 15x7 rims with 195/50/15 tires, i don't really like the way they look and would like some bigger tires, the truck is lowered all the way in the front and the rear has 4" blocks, but i still have gap in the front, would a 215/60/15 clear?

Ill raise the susp. alittle if i have too, i just want that front gap gone

The 215/60R15 will be about 3/4" wide but  2 1/2" taller. Actually the ones you have now are less tall than the tires that came on the 720 195/75R14. What you could do is just change the rears to the wider tire. I've seen this doe to good effect ... the slightly narrower front tire gives the illusion that the rears are even bigger than they are.