Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

To tell the truth I would be more comfortable on a two stroke 500 than a two stroke 80, yeah its crazy powerful but its a lot more predictable.

The bigger four strokes will hand you your ass for sure.

Respect what you are riding and it just might spare you're life and or limbs.

That is no shit, that KTM 4 stroke has shot out from under me like a hog on ice more than my 2 strokes. I think it is just what you get used to.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To tell the truth I would be more comfortable on a two stroke 500 than a two stroke 80, yeah its crazy powerful but its a lot more predictable.

The bigger four strokes will hand you your ass for sure.

Respect what you are riding and it just might spare you're life and or limbs.

Yeah no kidding i was riding my uncles raptor 700 (fuel injected beast) at moses lake and goosed it and in maybe a milasecond I was in Utah darn near ripped my body from my skeleton.....scary as heck....fun as heck.....almost crapped myself....

The biggest two stroke I have ridden is my bros yz125 and that thing was fun! Scary as crap when you can't touch the ground and your rear end is everywhere!

As all of you know, I ride, and quite a bit too, but I just don't get taking on a car. Yeah, I have yelled at people, even had a full on fight (once the guy had stopped and got out of the 3 ton weapon) but that shit is stupid, just get the fuck away.

That is no shit, that KTM 4 stroke has shot out from under me like a hog on ice more than my 2 strokes. I think it is just what you get used to.

I know what you mean, I rode a buddies yzf450 a few times and the difference that the way the power comes on is what will get you.

Been eyeballing a husaberg 300 lately....mmmmm plated road legal two stroke....

Totally believable and preventable. If he'd do this what's the chance he'll swap a head on and save his Datsun????? What a waste... truck will likely end up on the pile.

Donovan (FAT) said when they pulled the dipstick out there was oil in it,, very metallic looking but not empty. One of the guys tried turning engine over and couldn't budge it at the crank.. The pictures show how dry the cam is but he said it was covered with a really sticky substance,, apparently the LUCAS treatment stuff. The truck was apparentlly rolliing down freeway and got off at the exit it was on ,, thing must have been making one hell of a noise, so maybe he has huge stereo.

I was at the house so i can't confirm but FAT510 said it was a 1600 so maybe a replacement engine could be found super cheap.

(edit) He said the truck was pretty nice ( one reason he stayed around to watch over it) so hopefully ,,, you never know.

so i was out cruisin around and i see this yellow 620 on the side of the road with its hazards flashing, and so i loop around and check it out. the dude wasnt there. so i waited across the street for about 45 minutes. and the the dude came back. and so i go across the street to check it out.

the engine ran out of oil

heres the carnage

zzz_zpse340fa8b.jpg[/url]

zzwe_zps2e67df04.jpg[/url]

the valve cover was stuck to the head. the guy was on top of the engine trying to rip it off.

hoping not a Fram ? :(

Totally believable and preventable. If he'd do this what's the chance he'll swap a head on and save his Datsun????? What a waste... truck will likely end up on the pile.

It appears as though in light of his recent 'trip' Datzenmike's body has been possessed by the spirit of Hainz.

• Like 3

BLUE'S Daily Randomness: ---

The EZ Trencher 9000 may sell soon.

Going through the checklist right meow.

Gonna miss the 250lb bastad' if it does.

Needs a cupholder badly.

Kind of fun to be responsible errrrrr destroy no ... to work with... ahhh yeah that's it.

It appears as though in light of his recent 'trip' Datzenmike's body has been possessed by the spirit of Hainz.

Brain back in harmony with body.

Seen cams snap from warped heads or cam towers mis matched. Fram wouldn't have caused this. There is a spring loaded relief valve behind the filter in the block. If filter clogged the pressure builds and pushes unfiltered oil to the motor. You got to figure that the 4 qts of oil gets filtered every several minutes and the oil in the pan is quite clean.

• Like 1

She's a lot of fun !  

I put it her up for sale on craigslist for 950.

The ones on Ebay I felt were a bit much over the years.

Not sure if that's too much or too little on the price ( hard to tell ).

A guy from south of salem-ish ? is bouncing all over to get it.

Not sure if that's a good sign lulz.

Put a new carb on it , plug , changed out the gas , oil is good , tires are good/aired up , blade is welded (not that it matters) and is good = $150 ? new if someone wanted one , carbide teeth are good/fine , oil is good in both gearbox/engine (engine uses "some" if used continously under-load like any other small engine , but doesn't smoke) , belts look good , pulleys are good , the trenching "shield" around the blade is a little bent from use , but doesn't hurt anything , etc etc etc

I figure it's a solid good running unit.