Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as dirt bikes go, I think the most 'off and on' power band of any of them I owned was an old Elsinore 250. Once you got used to it, it was fine, but that thing would go from being doggy to a rocket in like a millisecond. 

My entire family were dirt bike riders, like everyone, even the grand parents and us kids would start riding before even entering grade school. I was the one black sheep in the bunch that rode 2 stroke stuff, I just liked them better. Over the last ten years or so, I have had mostly 4 stroke bikes, some really great ones. But just the other day, I rode my friends KTM 300 (2 stroke), I gotta say, I still like the 2 stroke better. It's all personal preference of course, maybe I just made sort of a muscle memory around those kind of bikes, it just feels better to me.

My first two bikes were 2 strokes my first was a 78 Yamaha dt100 enduro loved that bike so much but had I sell it to pay for my truck and then my second was a 74 Yamaha ty250 trials bike which I absolutely hated bo matter what I did it wouldn't run right so I sold and now I am without a dirt bike until I can save up for my neighbors 84 xr80

Book say nothing over 4k until 500. I been shifting at 4k but there's no way in he'll I'm riding on the freeway at 45mph at 4k in 6th. Trying to at least hold out until 100 miles on the odo before I really get into her, trying to make sure I don't foul up my gaskets, never had a new vehicle before

I have no idea why they put that in the book and most still do. Chances are, your bike has already been to full throttle a number of times by the very people who built it. A guy wrote a really good article on it a while back, with some really good stuff, I will see if I can find it for you.