Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Has Daily Random just peaked? According to M. K.Hubbart's 'peak theory' has all the easy humor been dug up and used? Will we now increasingly have to be dependent on offshore humor imports from such places as Insomniacs? Time we developed our own alternate humor resources such as wind and solar.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What? No gameboy with a busted screen?  Funny, I just yesterday had a guy want to trade me some non running, 70s chain saw that looked as if it was drug behind a truck for 10 miles and then left outside for 15 years for a carb I have listed. Shitty part is, I almost considered it, I can hardly give my stuff away. 

Also, you have to wonder...when is it that a guy realizes that he might be asking too much for something? There is one car I have seen relisted, every week, for (I shit you not) over four years and he has not dropped the price a nickle since the first time it was listed.

Nah, I traded the gameboy for the milk crate, but it just isn't my style so I'm trading it.

I know what you mean with shit getting g listed over and over and over, I have been seeing shit on craigslist, the same things off and of for years too.

Four years and no price drop, that better be a god damn delorean time machinr

He's not off by just a little bit either. He wants like 75 or 7600, I don't recall exactly, but the car would have trouble selling for 3k. It probably would eventually sell for that 3,000, but not quick, because it's right on the edge of what it's worth.

Random thought of the day.....

If I hear one more ill informed BOOB tell me that a harley engine needs "backpressure" to run right I'm gonna hit him in the face with a pie. That's right...I'm going to pack around a pie with me in case I hear the word backpressure.

• Like 1

Here is one for you Smoke ! one of my cust. is a tech on a Porsche car race team and he tells me they use electric vacuum on crankcase breather and make more horsepower and RPMs like when you plug a vacuum and motor revs higher he said , they are experimenting with this system .

Here is one for you Smoke ! one of my cust. is a tech on a Porsche car race team and he tells me they use electric vacuum on crankcase breather and make more horsepower and RPMs like when you plug a vacuum and motor revs higher he said , they are experimenting with this system .

This has been done for a long time. Well, not the electric part maybe, but I use an belt driven vacuum pump on my dragger. I wish I could say it made a difference, but I changed a bunch of other shit at the same time, so I had no baseline.

Meh, to really get me, it needs to be said as a scientific fact and then backed up with the evidence of your friends, fathers, ex roommate from college knew a guy who set a world record with a potato crammed in his exhaust for extra backpressure.

The club race cars can only be modified within rules ,another minor upgrade we have done within rules is I made a coil of fuel line 20 ft maybe in a custom made stainless box with water catch can, inside car that he puts dry ice in to cool fuel temp and has made a difference in performance also and he may be angry I am talking about these little tricks , I guess the Z cars beat him on straights but they are all 3.2 and his is only 2.4 I think.

Here's a question, I have the fuel return line flowing into my internal surge tank of the fuel cell, where the fuel pumps are. The surge tank has three one way trap doors to let fuel in, but I figured if I'm boosting 18psi on a low tank the last thing I want is a dry feed. It's a slalom / Auto-X car so no long track time.  Any thoughts..

I have never done it like that personally because I normally run an external fuel pump. I then build a small sump on the bottom on the tank to draw fuel from, this way, it will never slosh and give my a bubble. But...with what you have, the only issue I might see would be nit picking and that would be running your return line to the surge. It's hot fuel, but I more HEAR about this problem than I actually see any problems from it.