my new car 210

80210beast

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffler bearings for Christ's sake.. check those before you do anything else!

Right next to the radiator caps for the 63 VW  bugs at Oreilly's 

Muffler bearings are real parts. 

For a site full of Nissan/Datsun guys, it should be commonplace to get over that one. 

And your link is broke. 

Your fuel filter is stopped up. You need a new one. 

80210Beast, silliness aside this is good advice with any new to you car. When you pull your fuel line also take a look at the gas coming out. If the car has been sitting a while it will likely be full of rust and crap. Changing the filter, blowing out the lines, and cleaning the carb jets is easy and good insurance.

• 1 month later...

Well just got the car about got car 4 month a ago havent really drove it that much change the fuel felter drove fine so i said fuck it drove to portland which is 200 drove fine up their then started fuking up on the way backstart to choke then i have to press gas a coupel times then it dies wat for lil same stuff it did before

My muffler is rotten all to the exhaust manifold so it ever loud were is the jet at do u think i might need a carb kit let me this is my ownly car to work help a brothera out thanx

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Jets

There are two plugs on the front of the carb near the bottom for the main jets. Unscrew them (plug + seal) and spray carb cleaner through both sides (top) and underneath through the holes. Do this with the engine COLD! when you pull the plugs it will dump a bunch of gas on the exhaust manifold.  I would also suggest wearing some safety glasses or goggles as the angle makes it very easy to get the carb cleaner in you eyes.

Wrong direction. 

No one's hating on you. 

This is a fun, laid-back kind of forum. 

It's like 1 big garage. We all talk shit-but all in fun. 

Pay it no mind. 

Sometimes you have to have some thick skin to be here-but no one is here to hate. 

Well, mostly no one. 

So-do we get pics of your new 210 yet?

Is it running proper now?