My z finally hit the dyno l28et holset hx35r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your L28et looks quick... and like a handful of fun.

I mean no-disrespect , but that vibration couldn't be bad enough that makes you wish to flog her on the highway/freeway like that lol ( a good thing ).

Do you have rear disc brakes and if so have you checked your rotors/drums as well as re-torqued the wheels/checked again shortly after since this fiasco started ?

Is your car lowered and how's the wear on the tires since the last 2 vids lol ? I kid...

Have you pulled apart the really expensive bearings in the rear hubs/checked them/replaced them at all ?

Inspect the hubs and the stub-shaft(s) as well.

Hit any pot-holes lately or a suspect for a broken belt in a tire ?

If it were me chasing the vibration.... 

I'd go back to the exact parts/procedures that have changed since the new/good used parts have been installed.

One by one I would replace or focus on one part at a time until ruled out..... example .... as in change to a different set of wheels/tires .... slide in old driveshaft or hose clamp around the existing driveshaft and even have it re-checked by the business that did it for you ... re-torque wheels ....  etc .... Although there is a punch of power through her now so check your body for rot or salt damage as well (I'm sure you have we all know how that goes).

I found out I had a bad/out-of-spec torque wrench one day after working on my z .... front wheel vibration .... pretty bad ... lol .... bought another one and was good to go !

When you find it your're going to say "pssshhhh duhhhhh !!! " lol

no dang nabbit tell us what it is when you find it !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First, did yo fix your vibration? And second, get rid of the welded diff.

I read that post u linked and i think i see where the hp gains he is gettig is coming from hes running 18deg timing at 15psi im running 8deg

Bingo.

Thats way more then safe its retarded 16 degrees. Stock the l28et wants about 24 degrees. Ideally to be safe but also run the engine efficiently you should be 15-20, 20 being ideal. 

If your worried then turn down the boost and dial the motor in properly. Over 1 bar not even hitting 250hp is a waste. I bet with proper timing and 10lbs you dyno better then you did at 8 degrees and 15lbs. Be sure to use the same dyno to check though the mustangs are notoriously inaccurate. Actually now that I mention it you may get a gain just using a different dyno lol. 

True words here.

Yea this dyno is known for being the heartbreaker around here ehh its w.e for 239whp it feels insanely fast maybe its due to the 4:48 rear end gears

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. I would reccomend at least having a go at another dyno. It could be known for that cause its setup sucks, I have seen it happen.

You say you turned your timing up, ok, what did you turn it up to? and what are you running for EFI? You have a Holset HX35, what intercooler?, and then what throttle body are you running on it? I assume the engine is rebuilt, right? Did you turn your boost down at all?

I do not think having EDIS is the problem, but I do not know if the EDIS might be the problem.