My z finally hit the dyno l28et holset hx35r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats actually way low for 15 psi. The 350 people say they are making is at 15psi. 
http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/70343-l28-dyno/

Thats one example, big phil is another but I cant find the vid. At 15psi with his holset he was making 350ish as well. 

At the very least you should be breaking 300hp at 15psi, if not somethings wrong.  

Then again big phils stuff is usually dynojet i think?? I cant see a car that makes around 115 to the wheels stock beig able to push 350 without some serious head work i think all the ones making over 300 stock block and head are guestimated dyno numbers these motors are torquey so they feel waay more powerful then they really are

You dont need head work to reach that power goal on the L series but it is like the MAX before needing support mods like head studs and internals. At those numbers people dyno and show off but eventually with a stock long block they start exploding rads from blow by or shattering rings the very instance of a ping. I honestly think 300-320 is a safe range for a stock long block in good condition. which is very achievable at over 1bar boost. 

Idk if 10 degrees of timing would equate to 100hp but I guess that and the mustang dyno could account for it. Why is your timing so retarded? L series want lots of timing. With boost I would tune to 15-18 at the least. With tripples I run 22. 

Thats way more then safe its retarded 16 degrees. Stock the l28et wants about 24 degrees. Ideally to be safe but also run the engine efficiently you should be 15-20, 20 being ideal. 

If your worried then turn down the boost and dial the motor in properly. Over 1 bar not even hitting 250hp is a waste. I bet with proper timing and 10lbs you dyno better then you did at 8 degrees and 15lbs. Be sure to use the same dyno to check though the mustangs are notoriously inaccurate. Actually now that I mention it you may get a gain just using a different dyno lol. 

Ah that really sucks. I made it up with the wife but had trouble of my own. The fan controller broke in CT so every time I caught traffic I had to either hit the shoulder or break some laws. Then my throttle started sticking in NH and I couldn't idle the engine to diagnose it with no fan! lol Always an adventure... 

Lincoln ri??? And yea its really peppy 3-5 is rediculously quick even with barely 240whp but i get this crazzzzyyy wine in 5th gear under partial acceleration and only higher speeds idk if my driveshaft is unbalanced and shaking the output of the tranny causing the noise i recorded the vibration and noise so ill have it up soon hopefully i can get some help lol so annoying makes it sound like a 70s time attack car lol

Sounds like maybe transmission, hard to tell. I get a similar whine when letting off in 3rd. Believe its lateral play in the bearing. My rear 4.11 whines too lol, w/e 40yo sports car...