H190 LSD

joshywooya

Found this on the Web for 250 britsh pounds, = about $390 US, says they ship

http://www.project-831.co.uk/node/47

lsd%20centre%20pack%20dismantled.JPG

lsd%20centre%20pack.JPG

These are the part numbers they said made up the unit: Nissan Part numbers 38423 N9000, 38425 C6000, 38427 N9000, 38431 41W00

So I went to http://www.nissanpartszone.com/ and priced those parts new, and it cam to $406.43

Anyone with any knowledge know if this is all ya need to make my 521 run with two legs???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like an offroad only unit,, cuz if those spiders actually turned that thing would wear out super fast. Kinda like a safety measure to keep from blowing rear but ment to be locked most of the time..

but that`s a total guess.

38423 N9000 is for an '87- VG30T 300zx R-200 differential

38425 C6000 pinion mate for C200 and H322 diff 300zx, Pathfinder and Hardbody

38427 N9000 '87 300zx R200

38431 41W00 pressure ring '87-'91 Hardbody H-190

This might work in an H-190 but it is very very incomplete. There are no clutch discs for one and the cage that holds it to the crown gear is also missing.

to go back to the first post, dont buy from nissan parts zone, they just uploaded the entire nissan parts book with all numbers etc and give out pricing, they never have the old stuff in stock and ive heard of a few ppl getting fraudulant charges on there accounts within days of sending credit card info over.... cant just be a coincidence 

to go back to the first post, dont buy from nissan parts zone, they just uploaded the entire nissan parts book with all numbers etc and give out pricing, they never have the old stuff in stock and ive heard of a few ppl getting fraudulant charges on there accounts within days of sending credit card info over.... cant just be a coincidence 

Cheers for the heads up

I know this is a long shot but always hoped that someone would discover a LSD swap. Meaning that with conversion bearings, bushings and or spacers that you could run a LSD from more popular application like a GM 7.5, Ford 7.5 or Jeep Dana 35. I know there are a lot of reasons why this shouldn't work but I like H190's drop out carrier.

I can always dream.

There was an LSD option on the '88-'93 D-21 Hardbodys. Only the Z24i, KA24E 4 cylinder trucks had the H-190 during those years. It was an option so damn few people probably ordered it and there is no way to know without wipeing the dirt off the very back 'bum' of the differential and looking for the smal orangel LSD or USE LSD OIL sticker. You may have to look at hundreads of bums to find one.

I actually found one of these LSD rearends last week, it had no orange tags on it, as I looked, so when I pulled it out, I was expecting welded spider gears, but it turned out to be a real LSD, to bad it has 354 gears, most my rigs don't have the torque to turn gearing like that.

It was a 93 hardbody, the tag said HF35, to be honest, I had no idea what "HF" meant, it just looked like an H190 rearend to me.

And datzenmike is correct, I have looked at hundreds of them over the years, I just always have looked for the orange tags in the past, but something bugged me about this one.