make my own clutch hose?

cxune

Gentlemen- I was pleased to see how cheap parts are on RockAuto as I get stuff together to redo my '210 which has been sitting for 20 years. Everything rubber is pretty much shot from what I can see, including all the clutch stuff.. I ordered new clutch cylinders, but have not been able to locate a source for a new clutch hose.

So... any pointers on how to make my own clutch hose? Like, what size are the fittings and whatnot? I'll just take the cylinders around to hardware stores and see what might fit, but I'd appreciate it if one of ya'll has been down this road and could help save me some time.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure of the fittings and if they used metric at that time. if they did i feel that would make things much easier.

i can tell you that oreillys/pepboys/etc have pre assembled lengths of brake line, with the lines already flared at the end and

flare nuts installed.

they also have brake hoses as well. i say all this because if the threading is the same, you might be able to just use

brake parts. and you also might need to work on your brake system so this info is good for future reference

Good idea on the brake lines. I also ordered some rubber brake hoses for the 210. The rear ones have one male, one female. The male end threads into both the clutch cylinders.  So I think two rear hoses ($4 each on RockAuto), plus a gender changer would work, if that's long enough. I need to get under the car and see.

I'm not sure how they will seal though.. on the slave cylinder the line threads all the way in... anybody have thoughts on adding a copper washer or some kind of thread sealer? 

Thanks all-

P

So I think two rear hoses ($4 each on RockAuto), plus a gender changer would work, if that's long enough. I need to get under the car and see.

The 210 hose is 260mm long... hmmm in American that's, let's see.... 10 1/4 inches

/< rad, ya'll- I'm dreaming of a lightweight fuel efficient, cheap and easy to work on Datsun in my future.

This 210 is a wagon, I wonder how much MPG difference it would make to cut off the roof and replace it with some sort of vinyl top?.. and reskin the hood with metal fabric?.. swap the seats with some chinese electric car seats I have that weigh almost nothing.. take out the spare.. not allow fat people (besides myself) to ride.. turn off the engine whenever going downhill.. swap to a plastic 6 gallon tank and fill it only with dreams, butterflies, and rainbows..??