Behind a barn find

Roz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you bought the tap :thumbup: ...me and another member were thinking that way, but just cut and welded.

DON'T  buy the tap(Unless you wan't to buy mine) :angel: .  If I'd have been smart enough to take the cartridges out and look before I bought it, I'd have seen that the ID of the strut tube gets smaller below the threads. Therefore the tap won't work unless the inside was machined out to a diameter that is pretty similar to where the threads are. Unless you are a machinist, the tap won't do any good, but then you could probably cut the threads without the tap, too.

At least I got to clean up the threads  

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, it started for the first time. WOOOHOOO! It is the first engine I have ever assembled.  Not charging, but that's pretty minor. I had a hell of a time bleeding the clutch after I replaced both the master and slave cylinders. My friend who is a tech at a Dodge dealership suggested letting the slave hang down and pushing the rod in by hand a few times to push the air out the top.  It now works great.

IMG_0751.jpg

Actually, I needed usable travel. With the zx struts where I'm sitting now, I had about an inch before I bottomed out on the bump stop. Now, I should be able to hit a bump at the autocross without skidding off the corner.