what happened to the Nissan Parts department?

Several years ago I had good luck with the parts guy at the nissan dealer on 122nd in portland, I found out that if they really want to, they can send out a parts inquiry, they did it for me, I was looking for dually axle brake drums, I thought I might need a set some day, so I asked, he found one somewhere right away, and said it was the last one in the country, so I bought it along with 2 rear brake cylinders and a set of dually lugnuts, which were very expensive, so I gave him my number, and he called me when the parts arrived.

A couple months later I get a call from him, another drum just arrived, I went over and picked the last drum in this country again, that one was on some dealer shelf in Arkansas somewhere, so there are parts out there, but they have to send out a parts inquiry, and then you have to wait, this is the only parts guy I know that ever did this, if it's not on there computer, it's NLA, that's what I normally get.

I went to the Nissan dealer in Vancouver last week asking about parts for my dually axle, all they could tell me was that Nissan did make a dually axle, he also said that Nissan was really bad about part numbers now for older stuff.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had great luck with Russ at Universal Nissan. He used to have a 510 so he loves when I call cause he likes looking up parts for my 210. I was actually surprised at the stuff they still had. I got the last fuel sending unit they had for 210s. They even had a glove box. That surprised the mess out of me. But yeah, most parts guys at Nissan are just too damn lazy to even bother looking. Customer service over the years at any company has gone to the dogs. I've called some Nissans around me and no one was very helpful until I got hold of Russ and was able to get all kinds of NOS and any part number I wanted for something in case I found it elsewhere which I have found some things on oem-surplus.com.

its funny this thread comes up.

i just went to the nampa nissan dealership. bronco motors nissan or some shit.

pull in the parking lot, and park in a visitor spot with the datsun.

blank looks from all the sales staff, no one asked if i needed help.

get to the parts desk, and it takes 5 min for someone to show up.

ask them if they still stock KA24 rockers.

doesnt know what a KA is. tell him, engine from 93 nissan pickup.

$20 more than anyone else local.

then some dumbass salesman starts talking to me about his datsun 620 he had, and how it had the big 800cc engine in it.

biggest waste of my time. wont ever go to a nissan dealer again.

I can get you the lifters you want.  They're Paraut brand too, factory Nissan.  We have them in our Altrom line.  But they're freakin' spendy.  Even for me.  I could probably work you a better deal though if you need a set.  Or a couple.

Oh, and Kirk at Jaremko Nissan knows his stuff and knows how to use microfiche too.  That's in Spokane, but just so you know.

I had this problem recently too, now bare with me here, I got power leather seats out of an 81' Mercedes 300SD, for my 620. i broke one of the power switches when pulling em so i called up Phil Smart Mercedes. the guy told me, without the vin# he couldn't even look up the part. didn't even try.

it is and it isnt. the brits have a show called "Jap Show" so I think its largely dependent onthe culture and how its recieved.

But I personally dont like using that word, I find it offensive as well. I am actually part Chinese but, it would be like refering to me as a Chink.

if the Chinese ever start making cars (god please forbid) I bet americans will call them Chink cars, and then I will be offended. Just pretend your talking to a Japanese person.

it is and it isnt. the brits have a show called "Jap Show" so I think its largely dependent onthe culture and how its recieved.

But I personally dont like using that word, I find it offensive as well. I am actually part Chinese but, it would be like refering to me as a Chink.

if the Chinese ever start making cars (god please forbid) I bet americans will call them Chink cars, and then I will be offended. Just pretend your talking to a Japanese person.

The "Brits" don't give a shit if they're offensive. They are superior to all other others.

Bad example.

Watch BBC for a couple hours. Biggest group of cocks around.

• Like 2