New Datsun owner - 1976 620 "Project Clementine" (lowered, page 2)

PDX Matt

Thanks, it's a pretty simple fix and seems to be working well.

Word of wisdom for those that do this fix, I recommend sealing it up very well with durable RTV silicone. The piece also have a "cut" in it so be sure to hit that up with it as well and it will be fine!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was inspecting my hoses yesterday and have noticed for awhile that my PCV hose was bent and all kinds of messed up. Got around to replacing the PCV valve and the hose too.

nfim.jpg

Who knows how old this hose was but I didn't like what I saw inside. It appeared to be almost completely clogged. 

k7wn.jpg

Did some small work today. 

Received my Broadway Mirror. For those that want an attached mirror and still be able to use your sun visors, the 240mm is a perfect fit and leaves about a half inch between the mirror and visor when pulled down. Mine is convex style (gives me great visibility out of my slider window). 

o4gj.jpg

yijc.jpg

2kux.jpg

Also took a few hours to finally detail my engine bay. It was pretty nasty, had dirt/oil caked around the valve cover and on the sides. Here's before:

geps.jpg

h65w.jpg

And after:

dyj5.jpg

td4a.jpg

efxg.jpg

Finished at the car wash:

ymy9.jpg
  • Like 2

What are you looking for? I've been to a few places in the PDX area.

I'm looking for a source for a used air pump system (mine has been removed), used exhaust parts, and seats. Also looking for a source for new stuff (like gasket replacement kits) that is more Japanese-specific than Autozone. Thanks!

• Like 1

Moar low!

Met up with Karlin in Tigard today to tackle project "moar low." 

5ath.jpg

Bye bye leaf springs
3d83.jpg

New leaf spring setup 
tpiq.jpg

Lowered the front more as well. Turns out I was sitting on the bumpstops
ie83.jpg

4z42.jpg

nip6.jpg

pr43.jpg

We found a friend a block over  :thumbs: 
b6lt.jpg

rirc.jpg

lu8l.jpg

zfng.jpg

komv.jpg

b283.jpg

Were you wondering about the missing high beams before? Was working on DIY amber high beams. Ratsu...NW Datsuns style!
0px0.jpg

All cleaned up and done! Going to tackle lowering the rear more once I can find some smaller tires. Thinking 185/195 series. 
pdux.jpg
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hey bub, I sent you a PM.

I ended up doing a fix myself which worked out very well. I went to Autozone and bought a "coil spring booster," then trimmed out the rubber to size to fit between the rubber cushion "hoop" and the bearing. I cut it to just the right size so that it was a tight fit between the hoop and bearing. Hollowed it from the inside out so that it would fit snuggly with the hoop. It doesn't budge at all and I imagine this rubber is much more durable than the rubber used in the replacement parts. 

egpr.jpg

xk8n.jpg

I did this from under the truck and used a razor blade to trim all the destroyed rubber from the hoop. 

Went over a bump too hard and the old rubber crapped out. Copied this from you and it worked awesome! Thanks  :thumbup: