New Member, 86 720

Justin Berni

the glove box is the least of my worries now.. i have an oil leak from either my oil filter, cuz when i bought it a few days ago first he gave me one that was much bigger than the one i currently had so i took it back and he gave me another one, there was a lot of confusion on which one i needed but now i looked under the hood of my friends 86 720 and it looks much fatter than the second one i got from the parts store so it might be leaking from there, but i can see the oil drip off from on the oil pan, so i tightened all the bolts on it and its leaking less it seems like. but if its a bad gasket, would that be hard to replace on my oil pan?? 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with yours? and ill start posting a lot of pictures when iu start doing work on it, but i cant until i sell my 78 chevy luv.

Rod through the block. I have a second Z24 that's waiting on money for a rebuild. Check out the link to my build thread in my sig.

Well i cant drive the truck yet cuz i dont have a job and cant pay for insurance, and since im only 16 it makes it even harder.. anyone know how much itd be more me to insure it to me?? and i might try and get my mom to insurance as if its her truck so its cheaper so anyone have any idea how much itd cost for those two situations?

if i could i would just park it till i could afford it but my mom loaned me the 900 bucks for it and i was supposed to pay her back with the money i got from selling my other truck, but the potential buyer of that truck just flaked on me, so i have to sell the nissan to give my mom the money she needs. 

• 1 month later...

havent wrote on here for a while.. havent done much to the truck, but today i lowered the front, and now i need to get money to buy blocks and lower the back.. but today my friend noticed that as i started the truck a decent amount of water came out the exhaust pipe, any ideas of what causes this and anyone know if its bad or if its nothing to worry about?

Condensation, no worries, all cars do this but because of pipe bends it doesn't always run out. This is what rots out your exhaust pipes. Driven long enough the heat will evaporate it, short tips are rough on the exhaust systems. I was always told water dripping out the pipe was a good sign.