My other hobby

i figured id show you guys my other hobby that i love. i started racing when i was 10 and im 21 now so ive been doin it over half my life. ive traveled all around the west coast running regional series, national races, special invite races over the years. the funny part about my kart is it probably puts out more HP to the wheels than my datsuns. its powered by a TM125cc that puts out 45hp out of the 6 speed gearbox.

P1040039.jpg

P1040041.jpg

P1040038.jpg

P1040055.jpg[/img]

heres at an autocross, puttin some cars to shame and gettin sideways while doin it:fu:

100B1051.jpg

100_0798.jpg

a little action years ago runnin at Infineon Raceway for Redbull in their Formula 1 drivers search which is how Scott Speed is racin there. i got spun out while runnin 3rd in the last heat. the top 6 went to Sebring, i caught back up to 7th:mad:

MR_040825_DSC_3608.jpg

MR_040825_DSC_3526.jpg

once the photographer from saturdays night race gets the pics uploaded, ill post em on here.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you get started and what are the cost involved, I have a 5 year old son that I'm "gearing" up and want to see if you can provide more info since I'm an old man of 38 years old I think my time is up LOL.. Time for the next generation to pickup where I wanted to be.

If you can share the ins and outs of Kart racing then It would greatly help me to persue this for my son and I-I'm living my dreams thru him now and I'am excited to do so, I know we have many indoor kart places here in the bay area like Umigo in Livermore where you will probably find us for now and graduate up to the "Sears Point" Raceway kart facility.

Conrad

antioch,cali

heres at an autocross, puttin some cars to shame and gettin sideways while doin it

If you can't put every car out there to shame in a kart time to change hobbys. :D

sr71sss- your best bet to getting into karting is to find out when there is a club race at the track and go there and start talking to people. it seems there are always karts for sale at races and up here a lot of people are willing to lend a kart for a few laps during practice for kids to try it out. they have a class called "kid kart" which is for 4-7 year olds. they run a spec 50cc motor and real small karts. they have to have all the standard safety equipment plus a chest protector for the young kids. karting is a great sport to get into for kids because you learn so much if you really apply yourself. it taught me a lot of responcibility and mecanical know-how that will still continue to help me. im not sure on the costs of getting into some of the younger classes now but i do know its a LOT cheaper than what im runnin now. those bottom pictures are actually taken place at the "sears point" track. it is a very nice track and facility there.

a little action years ago runnin at Infineon Raceway for Redbull in their Formula 1 drivers search which is how Scott Speed is racin there. i got spun out while runnin 3rd in the last heat. the top 6 went to Sebring, i caught back up to 7th:mad:

Man, he's starting out in NASCAR now too. Big money is coming soon :(

Man, he's starting out in NASCAR now too. Big money is coming soon :(

i had no idea he was movin down to nascar. i guess i havent paid attention too much lately

I would hurt myself so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o bad! :eek: It doesn't just have more HP than my car--it probably has bigger tires and brakes.

actually i think youre right, the rear disk on the kart is bigger than the front disks on a 12-hundy and the rear tires are 7.1" wide. in these things, you dont have to wreck to get hurt bad. its been years since i could wake up without my back hurtin and im only 21:eek: