Starting to make 100% real carbon fiber parts for all vehicles any part

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dawa I forgot that. Had someone p/m me about a seller that suggested GIFT to save fees. If a seller suggests this think twice if legitimate.

I've suggested that before but I've been around here for awhile. Although it would be very unwise to gift money to a newb.  As for selling stuff on eBay, or using PayPal for other transactions.. methinks they're being a bit piggish these day, especially when you consider eBay owns PP.

As for the threadstarter... sounds fishy to me, and think about the complexity of a whole shell of any vehicle and how expensive that would be...  it's been done several times on one-off prototypes, but probably for no less than $50K (and that one Lexus CF supercar - for over $300 grand !), and we all know the story of how copper wire was invented here on Ratsun.

Get the hooks out of your lips. B)

Why is it after two minutes on Google I can find a not dissimilar image to the one posted above, and which when following the link below it resolves to a Chinese address.

Your calls guys and gals but I call shennanigans on this one.

The syntax used by the OP is just a little too out of wack for me as well.

Also, I can tell you from a looooonnnnngggg time working with Government "stuff", you NEVER mention you cant show things cause they are classified.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=chevrolet+cruze+carbon+fibre+bonnet&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_czMUeO3MaaRiAKo_YD4BQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1680&bih=933#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=s0Md4OUNvVj39M%3A%3Bcj--1BTr6WIwYM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi01.i.aliimg.com%252Fimg%252Fpb%252F877%252F850%252F526%252F526850877_410.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.alibaba.com%252Fproduct-gs%252F672001041%252FOEM_style_carbon_fiber_hood_for.html%3B800%3B800

• Like 1

That picture is not the same...

Not saying you're off base, but the pics are definitely not the same.

Agreed mate, I am implying the look similar, not saying categorically they are.

It's an individual's call whether they want to follow up on this, I strongly suggest that unless the OP comes up with a lot more detail, or someone purchases an item from these guys and gets it, caution should be used.

I'm happy to stand corrected, though, this smells fishy to me.

A word of advice... in the future if you branch away from Datsuns, I would advice you to sign up to new sites with parts already made. Its going to be hard to get anyone to jump on your bandwagon when no one knows who you are and you have no parts to show for it. If you came here with something to show other than some tiny Chevy Cobalt pictures more people would believe you. 

I hope this works out for those here interested in CF, but with the past experience this forum has had with introductions like this... Im not going to hold my breath. 

What about some flares?  Apparently all the other individuals making them suck at life.  Plus, they can be used on multiple vehicles.  

Personally, I'm a 620 guy, you're a 620 guy so make a replacement valance with a spoiler built in.  Or maybe some fenders without side marker holes.

Shenanigans!!!

If I was trying to sell some shit was making, I would take some high as fuck res oics so that people could see the detail of my work......not a pic I took with my razor phone.

.......but that's just me, I guess.

I apologize if I'm being harsh.............but I don't believe shit till I see it.

It's true when they say "A picture is worth a thousand words".........................................................women prefer the words :lol:

• Like 2