Hood and exhaust question

j_boy_619

Hello,

I was thinking about taking out the cat and putting a muffler in its place then having the exhaust turn out and come out the side of the car right before the rear left wheel.... is that a bad idea? will i need to re jet?

Also, would a 1600 / 2000 roadster hood fit a b210?

3Ea3r43q55ra5Kf5M7d66c6d89ac4503f185d.jp

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure you knew but for anyone else who didnt, 75 & later is smog exempt so 

yes he can remove his cat http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

removing the cat will cut down on restriction so you should get a wee bit of power out of it.

there are theories on how long after the colectors the exhaust system needs to be, i think its about 

20" but i dont have a reference at the moment.

so i think you should be fine and i dont think youll need a rejet

Haha thats one of the main reasons I got the B!

Sweet, no jetting needed = do it!

Have to look into the design. Thinking of going with a Thrush straight pipe w/ glass pack, then after that, narrowing the exhaust to a 1 3/4 diameter poking out just before the rear left wheel. Then putting a split exhaust tip. Hoping it works out.... hopefully.

• Like 1

Uhh a '75 B210 doesn't have a CAT. Wasn't until '76 they were used.

I get Sept '75 cat in California..... oh yeah that would be a '76 model year. :blush: Prior to this there was a 'pre muffler' or resonator before the muffler.

Narrowing to 1 3/4" what the hell is it now???? B-210 so what is the stock pipe diameter 1 1/2"??? Too big a pipe will lower the exhaust speed too much and will alter the jetting.

Think about stock pipe size or just a tiny hair larger... to resonator... to a turbo muffler .. to 1 3/4" to 2" S shaped pipe to bring it around forward and then out in front of the wheel. Two inch outlet in front of tire will look boss but smaller pipe is better from the engine.