Turbo clearance

Fckieffer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The further back the WORSE it'd be.  If it clears the steering, it'll clear everything else.  But I'm not talking about the steering BOX, which is up front.  The tube- that SOLID tube?  It's probably occupying the exact location of the turbo.  Remember, SR20DET engines were a JDM thing, and on JDM cars the steering is not only a completely different system, but on the OTHER SIDE of the engine. 

The stock exhaust on a 620 barely clears the steering shaft tube as it is.  You're in basically uncharted waters here.  I'm sure it's been done, just not by anyone here, and it likely involved a custom header.  Or, redoing the steering with U-joints.  I know that's been done, but it's not easy.

What about a top turbo mount,or did i not read this right,If you look at Datuns parts llc,he has a 350 rear wheel horsepower turbo ka24 620,its also on ebay for a stupid figure which he will never sell it.

Ya he got rid of the booster to make it all fit. I've done lots of measuring and made countless phone calls. A custom manifold similar to this.

null.jpg[/url]