flares flares flares

Where the hell do I got zg flares for my 620?? I realize that they may not be "620 specific" and thatz fine. What vehicle do I source them from?? I seen the universal ones on ebay just trying to see what my other options may be....

↓↓↓↓Really wanting to shoot for this look↓↓↓↓

09-03jccs1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell do I got zg flares for my 620?? I realize that they may not be "620 specific" and thatz fine. What vehicle do I source them from?? I seen the universal ones on ebay just trying to see what my other options may be....

↓↓↓↓Really wanting to shoot for this look↓↓↓↓

09-03jccs1.jpg

Aussie cars :thumbup:

Try these guys:

www.topstage.com

The true Jap. spec ZG's have a nicer profile IMO. race31_zps5017d0f8.jpg

race29_zpsc950c182.jpg

I can honestly say that Ive thought about calling/emailing you a few times on your Datsun. Ive seen it on craigslist for quite some time but the work it needs/price is a little more than I want to get into. I enjoyed the video you posted! Nice looking car!

*Sorry for the off-topic'ness everyone!

I can honestly say that Ive thought about calling/emailing you a few times on your Datsun. Ive seen it on craigslist for quite some time but the work it needs/price is a little more than I want to get into. I enjoyed the video you posted! Nice looking car!

*Sorry for the off-topic'ness everyone!

Thanks, yeah East coast and all I thought it worth a bit more than it would be in CA.... I might be mistaken as the car hasn't moved. But I am not really sweating it either as I would really like to keep it anyway.

I call all bs on the jspec flares. Where do you think all the flares in circulation came from? Molds made from the original flares lol, or one of that molds cousins etc... either way. I have compared 2 different sets, one being MSA and one being no name from ebay and both were almost identical to a set from Japan. Though the no name ebay set was the shittiest quality ever. 

Will some sets out there be off because some momo made a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy and messed it up? Sure. That doesnt mean a person can't just mail order a set domestically and get the exact same thing as from Japan. Unless you buy a original set they are a copy no matter where they came from anyway. 

• Like 1

True 72, but from what I've seen and heard the shoukai's fit like a glove straight out the box where as a lot of other like the msa I believe must be cut and modded to fit proper. Although if its going on any other car other than a z it'll probs need to be modded anyway

• Like 1

Well thats would be nice if they do. While I say all the profiles are the same I have yet to see a set that didnt have to be forced to the body lol. I have a MSA set on my z and while they look good, the quality is good etc... its pretty disconcerting that you have to force them down to the body when mounting. The no name brands are even worse, you feel like your going to break them almost. 

I didnt have to cut any of the flares to mount on the Z, even the no names were actually trimmed well enough. I think your right though on a custom application trimming will prob be needed. To look natural anyway not like someone just zip screwed flares to the side of their ride lol. 

haha yeah. Its just what ive heard but supposedly they do fit well because they either use original zg molds or mold from original flairs. Ive honestly only heard it from one other person other than that site i linked to but he ran them on his 260 and thats what he said 

Ill try them at some point and let y'all know, if they do just go straight on i think the extra doughs worth it considering id just end up fawking them to hell if i had to cut em

Edited by SlottedMagz