POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4410899385.html

so just out of curiosity. Although my maxima has a ln l24, is it worth 10k being that it is harder to find and has 85k original miles? :o lol pshhh I wish. Happy monday yall

No, if it had the popularity of a Z car maybe. A lot of Demand in any car means it's gonna raise the price more doesn't stop people from trying to sell them for more then there worth then again when have you seen a datsun maxima sell for $10k now days.

No, if it had the popularity of a Z car maybe. A lot of Demand in any car means it's gonna raise the price more doesn't stop people from trying to sell them for more then there worth then again when have you seen a datsun maxima sell for $10k now days.

i seen a couple of maxims asking for 8-10k last year when i found mine. They're not for sale anymore but that doesn't necessarily mean that they sold for those prices either. Ehh market demand is one thing but you have to admit there are sellers who think they have a 1 of 1 car and try selling for unreasonable prices, at least for stock cars.

Right now the prices of honda/acura civics and integers along with red "drift" cars are ranging from $4k and over. Just last year civics and integers were 5k at most and 240sx etc.. were around the same. Economy seems to be doing better as well as the interest for jdm cars. But again everyone has to remember with the older jdm model cars aren't muscle cars so to value some of them the way certain people do is just ridiculous, (ex. the 280zx turbo that was going for 20k stock with low mileage, now at 14k. other Z's I'm sure many of you have come across).

I'm honestly predicting the economy to drop again within the next few years. 

i seen a couple of maxims asking for 8-10k last year when i found mine. They're not for sale anymore but that doesn't necessarily mean that they sold for those prices either. Ehh market demand is one thing but you have to admit there are sellers who think they have a 1 of 1 car and try selling for unreasonable prices, at least for stock cars.

Right now the prices of honda/acura civics and integers along with red "drift" cars are ranging from $4k and over. Just last year civics and integers were 5k at most and 240sx etc.. were around the same. Economy seems to be doing better as well as the interest for jdm cars. But again everyone has to remember with the older jdm model cars aren't muscle cars so to value some of them the way certain people do is just ridiculous, (ex. the 280zx turbo that was going for 20k stock with low mileage, now at 14k. other Z's I'm sure many of you have come across).

I'm honestly predicting the economy to drop again within the next few years.

$8-10k for a datsun maxima is just straight up ridiculous anyone who buys them at that price even say half that is overpaying, but it ain't me so that's just the people that really appreciate the maxima for what it is. Don't get me wrong I would love a maxima but I ain't gonna pay more than what there worth an 810 I would only if it was super pristine.

Same problem goes for the 77-80 datsun 810's coupes seem to be popping up a lot lately and those are the rarest of the 810's since there were only made for one year, 79 mainly very few came out as 1980 and less of those made than the sedan and wagons. It sucks 810's and maximas are probably one of the most junked datsuns since people can't pass smog or emissions get too strict that's why most are super cheap and the diesel maximas only popping more often because in most states they don't need to smog also doesn't help that the Z car guys take the engines for there crank or convert the diesel blocks to gas.

It all comes down to the market if there's low target market like there is for the 810 and maxima you can usually buy some clean preserved ones for $1k or less I've seen it a lot but that also means who ever buys them 50% of the time will try to resale it for double or triple. Like you said it doesn't stop people from trying to make money, but these late 70's and late early 80's datsuns just won't have the value or target market like the S30, roadsters, 1200, 510, 610, 710, 620, 520 & 521. Give them another 6-10 years and you'll start seeing them go up in value.

The ones I see selling for $4-8 or even 9k would be like Ray's RB25 powered 910 maxima wagon cars like that, that have a great build and done right to make it look like it came from factory adding the rest of the drivetrain, wheels and condition. I've seen some real nice modified maximas with a semi built L28 or L28ET and still only for sale $3-3.5k, but then we have these guys that came from the drift scene or honda scene and automatically put there tax to any datsun they buy it sucks. Just about a month ago there were a few modified maximas that looks and drove my garbage badly put together and yet they want $3500-4000k for a car that probably needs just that much to get back to what it was, it's tough crowd to work with.

$8-10k for a datsun maxima is just straight up ridiculous anyone who buys them at that price even say half that is overpaying, but it ain't me so that's just the people that really appreciate the maxima for what it is. Don't get me wrong I would love a maxima but I ain't gonna pay more than what there worth an 810 I would only if it was super pristine.

Same problem goes for the 77-80 datsun 810's coupes seem to be popping up a lot lately and those are the rarest of the 810's since there were only made for one year, 79 mainly very few came out as 1980 and less of those made than the sedan and wagons. It sucks 810's and maximas are probably one of the most junked datsuns since people can't pass smog or emissions get too strict that's why most are super cheap and the diesel maximas only popping more often because in most states they don't need to smog also doesn't help that the Z car guys take the engines for there crank or convert the diesel blocks to gas.

It all comes down to the market if there's low target market like there is for the 810 and maxima you can usually buy some clean preserved ones for $1k or less I've seen it a lot but that also means who ever buys them 50% of the time will try to resale it for double or triple. Like you said it doesn't stop people from trying to make money, but these late 70's and late early 80's datsuns just won't have the value or target market like the S30, roadsters, 1200, 510, 610, 710, 620, 520 & 521. Give them another 6-10 years and you'll start seeing them go up in value.

The ones I see selling for $4-8 or even 9k would be like Ray's RB25 powered 910 maxima wagon cars like that, that have a great build and done right to make it look like it came from factory adding the rest of the drivetrain, wheels and condition. I've seen some real nice modified maximas with a semi built L28 or L28ET and still only for sale $3-3.5k, but then we have these guys that came from the drift scene or honda scene and automatically put there tax to any datsun they buy it sucks. Just about a month ago there were a few modified maximas that looks and drove my garbage badly put together and yet they want $3500-4000k for a car that probably needs just that much to get back to what it was, it's tough crowd to work with.

I completely agree with you. I'm just glad I bought my maxima and s14 at a very good price. Ive been very indecisive of what to do with them but I'm really glad I still have them. The only other car I want, well truck, is either a 520 or 521 datsun. Ill be very content once I have that. Right now I'm going to sell my s12, didnt catch my interest like I thought it would, and flip a few cars to make some money to get coilovers for my maxxy and fix my s14.

Datsun 510 wagon daily driver - $3200 (Carson City)

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4415766335.html

Everyday driven 'goon with lots of patina & some paint bubbles (rust).

---torn headliner,

---whining alternator (supercharger sound),  

---Chopped struts,

---loose steering

Just what I don't need, but somebody might

Make an offer, he might take less B)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4417483918.html

1984 280ZX Turbo part out.  VG30et.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4415693855.html

73 240, no pictures but only asking $1200

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4415324380.html

Is this a member?  No price just "entertaining offers"  521 with KA