DatMo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to do them in my kicker.

They'll be faced horizontally compared to me so i hope the sound still comes out decent.

It's also under the dash.

Gonna do the entire project in about two weeks.

P1180319.jpg

I prefer to leave the doors in tact, and sacrifice the vents that I do miss at times.  They look so clean though, I'll never go for kick panels.  Imaging gets all messed up with legs in the way with doors and kicks anyway.  If you need lows in the front, kicks would be better, but doors with bass suck, really.  Windows can rattle, sound is tinny, and you ruin those door panels that are so coveted.  I bought a set for big money, even though I didn't need them, so I don't need to freak out every time someone scuffs them with their shoe.  

what brand, where did you get those?

Completely true. I'm not sure I should sound deaden my doors yet because I'm not sure if I need anything big done to em yet.

My passenger front door doesn't even roll up 100%.

I'm trying to get that fixed. 

If you've properly sealed up your doors and use sound deadening (which you should be anyways, it's 40+ year old J-Tin...) It will not rattle, sound bad, or sound "tinny". There is little sound leakage when you do things right.

I've just read my previous post, and it was a bit pessimistic.  I've had trouble in the past eliminating the rattles and off sounds in door panels, but that was an early 80's J-Tin.  I completely coated the interior of my 71 doors with Dynamat, but did not treat inside of the door.  My ride is still too noisy.  I would expect a speaker would suffer.  What is your recipe for sound deadening doors for sounds.