just bought myself twins, L320s

missgreasemonkey

hi guys not sure how to upload photos but i just come across 2 1965 L320s, flat bed and the other is tubbed..

fresh outa the paddocks rusting away.

have all parts minus one engine, have many questions and will have a look through the forum for ideas and to get to know these girls a bit better, also just a quick first question, i noticed how tiny the engine bays r in these little rigs, what motors have u guys been squeezing in there?

anyways first things first, back to bare metal they go...

• Like 2
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun  B)

I am sure there are a lot of engines that will fit in there, but most I would say "why", the A14/15 series engines will go in to the 320 trucks without to much cutting, the only thing I had to cut was the hole for the 5 speed shift lever, but I did have to fabricate everything to mount the engine and transmission, I also had the tall 1965 transmission tunnel, as you should have also.

I am not sure about the steering gear though, as you are RHD, and there may be a conflict in that area, the A series oil filter is right there.

The A series engines that came in the B210/210 are very reliable engines with decent power, they even have a few decent upgrades such as a dual SU package, I had one in my 1965 L320.

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

I had an A15 with a 5 speed in mine, it scooted right along

Welcome to Ratsun.  There is a NL320 in Cali that is running a Z24 5 speed.  I went automatic in my 520 to simplify the swap.

Upload your picture to a online picture sight such as Photobucket, Flickr, ImageShack, ie.  Copy the .img code and paste it into your post.

I hope this helps.