THE RED ROCKET BUILD!!!!

discs  :rofl: 

67D8A357_zpscf27f13c.jpg

still waiting on my MC to come in.  

got my  new sway bar bushings and end links on. and new upper control arm bushings in.  

next weekend i get tires.  

then get paid double time and a half for presidents day  :rofl:

gonna try and get a fender ( please let me know of anyone selling one)  and LED my dash

oh and my white gauge faces should be here tomorrow  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

havnt updated in a while.  discs are DONE! thanks again beebani. awesome work and highly recommended

l20 block is in the shop getting bored .20 over. should get back this week.  wire tuck is on the process. picks tomorrow of that.  motor pulled and sold.  and 5 speed gone through and put back together! 

should be getting tires this weekend!  195 55 r15s

final wheel prduct till I get $$$ for jrock to powdercoat them

A16CDB31_zpsc74b7047.jpg

motor out (more pics of bay tomorrow)

5BBE0708_zpsb3e3e268.jpg

• Like 2

havnt updated in a while.  discs are DONE! thanks again beebani. awesome work and highly recommended

l20 block is in the shop getting bored .20 over. should get back this week.  wire tuck is on the process. picks tomorrow of that.  motor pulled and sold.  and 5 speed gone through and put back together! 

should be getting tires this weekend!  195 55 r15s

final wheel prduct till I get $$$ for jrock to powdercoat them

A16CDB31_zpsc74b7047.jpg

motor out (more pics of bay tomorrow)

5BBE0708_zpsb3e3e268.jpg

I still have my Carol Shelby HT Europa's. I had 205/50/15's on them way back and now they have 33/12.5/15's on them. Mine are 15x10. What center caps or lug covers are u using?

• Like 1

I still have my Carol Shelby HT Europa's. I had 205/50/15's on them way back and now they have 33/12.5/15's on them. Mine are 15x10. What center caps or lug covers are u using?

no center caps or anything for now. just gonna rock it like that.  

took out a overload spring in my leaf pack today and should have it on the ground tomorrow.  Block is done so ordering my rebuild kit tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

damn ive been slackin hard on this.  gonna try and update as much as possible.  done a little bit of work on the truck so here we go.

no more classic look,  completely different direction and i love it :w00t:

so after i sold the motor,  here was the bay

B4BDC3A2_zps81593a5e.jpg

paint on this truck is rough. not look wise but quality wise, i was done with the red bay

D70D1381_zpsa9ce8b3f.jpg

"hard to keep clean" yes yes i know but im up for the challenge.  

this is how shitty the paint is,  came off from masking tape.  doesnt bother me but man i have shitty paint haha

23423967_zps54023f68.jpg

then i got some goodies in the mail

7711B0BF_zps2509c90d.jpg

for this fresh block, bored .20 over resurfaced flywheel, polished crank, and reconditioned rods. buds machine shop in tacoma is a awesome shop

E19729AE_zps788f673f.jpg

bottom end went together like cake

then went to jrocks shop and he hooked me up with some crazy amazing work as always.  everything on thi engine is this color, VC, thermo housing, hood hinges, timing cover, r1 manifolds. 

AED9AD85_zps3b10e58d.jpg

i was wet.

put her on the ground

9328798B_zps0d0448f9.jpg

that was 3in blocks and one leaf gone. i now have 4s and 2 leafs gone

time for a wire tuck :rofl: sooooo easy for people wondering 

battery in cooler in be. has holes in it for vents.  drilled a hole in the bed floor and ran the hotwire across the frame. cut the battery tray out. not perfect but neither is the whole truck. took the harness out and ran it through the kick panel. mounted to the inner fender.  and drilled a hole in the core support.  only had t extend my valence light wires, nothing else.  then the other side is just your hood latch.  easy and worth it 

E9022404_zps4bfae8d3.jpgB01AF532_zpse4036053.jpg

everythiing hooked up. ran the alt wires right past the shock towers in. 

heres a decent pick of one rim done and her stance.  rear is a little lower now.  

58A663AD_zps766a4e2d.jpg

z wood wheel i picked up  :w00t:

CBF132D6_zps0afd3fcf.jpg

445B738A_zps0b9a9a72.jpg

and heres her current state

123E4D9C_zpsffd70a73.jpg

all wires are hooked up.  5 speed swap is in. she stops on her own power.  picking up the port and polished u67 head with a mild isky cam monday.  already have arp head studs.  monday there will be pics.  shes coming, slowly but surely  :rofl:

• Like 2

Your truck is awesome!  Love the red and white combo.  Hope to see it on the road.

--carter

thanks man!  I got a call from the machinest this morning and the head is done.  cant pick it up till Friday :crying:  have the head studs already.  just bought an alt.  still need a el dizzy , water pump, fuel pump, and a shit ton of fluids haha

• Like 1

1. Its machinist

2. What alternator are you going with?

alright grammar nazi, im only a senior, cant expect me to know how to spell :rofl:

alternator wise,  just a stock 40? amp for now.  maybe eventually ill try and upgrade it with the GM one but for now this does the job.  you swapped yours right? 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...