let the fun begin with my 720

Messi720D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrub that armor all off the tires so they look natural... sorry it's my natural/minimalist nature, and otherwise it's nice and clean. You mentioned the chrome along the sides.... It would be better lower down where it actually protects the rockers from stones.

When in doubt lower it out. Maybe a couple of inches all round to improve handling.

Those chrome rims work so well with a bright color tuck don't they?

Those don't look like the stock hood louvers.

Ditch the huge Chevy C/K style mirrors, ditch the camper top, ditch the black rub moulding on the sides, ditch the rear bumper.  Then lower 2" front and rear and it will look real good.  Any lower drop and you may need to change out the tire size to something smaller.

Here are a couple more photos he posted, my guess would be the grill is stainless steel aftermarket that could be painted white, it looks good. :thumbup:

I am sorry, but stock grills have a spot built into the grill for the datsun emblem.

989E170F-9214-4114-9440-EC8E2FB8EBB5-647

77649B83-2C26-464D-A195-0248274EABC5-647

I am not sure whats going on with the tacky hood vent plastic do-dads, I have never liked them, and if I were you, I would search the wrecking yards for a 1983+ white hood and buy it ASAP, but that is what I would do.

This is a nice looking truck as it sits now, but it can look better IMHO.

thanks for the ideas i just got the truck 2 weeks ago it was having and over heating issue but took care of it i got it from an older gentelmen i guess the history was that he got it from some other dude that just towed it with his rv and its not bad looking its all there even the original oweners manuel and guide and a/c guide and cruise controle its pertty cool now i just want to give it a nice make over and i think getting it low is the first thing here is some more pics lol dog paw print steering wheel cover 100% pimp  and grill is chrome still need to clean the interior its dirty carpet needs some cleaning
IMG_1173_zps5777a7cc.jpg

IMG_1172_zps8d16c677.jpg

Dude! Your truck has the 80's written all over it but you have to ditch the mirrors and replace them with the factory chrome 720 mirrors, get rid of the skinny side trim, rear bumper & the doggy print steering wheel cover :no:  and leave the chrome rockers (those are way cool and rare too) sell the rims and slap on some factory "ST" wheels (polished) with low pro tires (195x60 R14), leave the camper on it and cut a rag top into the top of it, and slam it! :thumbup:

thanks for the ideas i just got the truck 2 weeks ago it was having and over heating issue but took care of it i got it from an older gentelmen i guess the history was that he got it from some other dude that just towed it with his rv and its not bad looking its all there even the original oweners manuel and guide and a/c guide and cruise controle its pertty cool now i just want to give it a nice make over and i think getting it low is the first thing here is some more pics lol dog paw print steering wheel cover 100% pimp  and grill is chrome still need to clean the interior its dirty carpet needs some cleaning

IMG_1173_zps5777a7cc.jpg

IMG_1172_zps8d16c677.jpg

Clean truck. i would drive it and enjoy. Enjoy the dependability and the gas mileage  of the truck before hacking and butchering. The truck looks like it was adult owned. Something that is very hard to find these days. New carpet can be obtained via the internet.. Also most small plastic clips that usually break on these older models can still be bought from the dealership. I was amazed at the parts still availabe from my dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

so i got my windows tinted limo dark all around im thinking it might of been a bad move :confused: then again nice for this az weather later on will put pictures up later and also took out sanded and repainted my dash board that came out great :thumbup:  will post pics later anyone know where i can find the best prices on floor carpeting the one in my 720 is way too dirty even after a clean up with oxy clean and other stuff and need to find stock mirros since my720 is going to get a new paint job in 2 weeks any input if i sould get chrome stock mirros or go with the plastic one and get them painted

i think its time to google some 720's and steal ideas

• 3 weeks later...

& as far as ur mirrors go ,i would leave'm if ur keep n those rims or go n with other chrome wheels! Thats my opinion! What part of arizona do u live? I live ca high desert! It gets hot as hell here to, but i do like my 720 with no tint, but only had it for about a month! Zo i'll see thiz summer if i'll keep m like that.

Ok so earlier today I decided to peal out of my work parking lot it's was a good run lol but then after I drove off and stopped at a light and my engine decided to shake and die out like if it was either flooded with gas or not enough delivery of fuel what's going on turn it on and have to keep foot on pedal to keep it from dying got home didn't really look at it but now it's fine