Datsun Paint Codes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay.  I need a little help.  My color is, quite likely "Red 654"  It is a red that is darker than Pagoda red 524, and lighter than Mexican Red 814.  This red is not on my Jobbers charts.  I've found reference of it on the http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.PaintCodes, but outside of that I've found very little.  Anyone have an example of this color, or know how to proceed to match this color?  thanks.  

anyone have an idea where you could order or get some original paint if you already know the code for it ? i have a 70' 521 and am looking for green with the paint code #545 according to the link proved by datfan510 above

anyone have an idea where you could order or get some original paint if you already know the code for it ? i have a 70' 521 and am looking for green with the paint code #545 according to the link proved by datfan510 above

A really good and Honest [no, that's not mutually exclusive] body shop might be able to get you a commercially mixed modern equivalent of the original paint color.  Or, if you are a Ratsun typical cheapskate member [no insult intended] you could take a relatively small body part to your local Home Depot store, ask if they had Acrylic paint, and have them color match what you have.  Given the age of most of our Datsuns, I would buy enough to paint the complete car or in a few years be able to identify exactly what areas were repainted.  New paint fades at a different rate than original "Amino Acrylic" colors!  Polyureyhane will last longer, but unless you are an expert, leave that to the pros.