mizzymac

Hey i just joined, i also just bought a 70 521, i havent picked it up yet so no pics but i will ASAP. just wanted to introduce myself. Names mike,live in socal and i hope to learn much about this truck. I plan on lowering it and making it my dd. The motor has 105k og miles so i wanna build it up. Hope to hear from you all. Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome! im pretty sure 4 inches is the max without notching your frame. you might even hit on bumps with 4 but not sure. then mess with your torsion bars and cut the bumpstops down.  gonna be sweet. i got a 620 but they dont look near as badass as a 521. good luck and lots of pics! :thumbup:

im not sure what leafs it has, i dont think they are stock, but yea, 4 inch blocks and reindexed and adjusted torsion bars, the diff looks like it will come very close to the bed, but ill find out when i install them, and my suspension i will keep stiff so my wheels and tires wont be fender rubbing...oh and i have smaller shocks up front than normal

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

the 521 doesn't use coil springs in the front. it came with torsion bars. there are some members on here that have replaced the torsion bars with coilovers. look up mrbigtanker's thread and socaldatsun's thread. they both have done this.

to lower the front you can crank the torsion bars down or re-index them fro more lows. the rear is super easy, just get lowering blocls. they range from 1" to 4".

welcome and where's are the pics already? B)

Yeah I saw on one of your earlier posts, probably is ha, ima look into it. I'm trying to find local people, but everyone is all over the place. I think the closest meet to us is the Datsun meet, the last Friday of every month in Torrance.

ResizedImage_1364801177021_zpsbfd19d2d.j

Yeap, That's Me. Got The Truck Out Of The Garage, Gonna Clean Her up

I know you are new here so we will let it slide this time. Your salute is wrong, its supposed to be a one finger :fu: .

Anyways, welcome and cool little truck. Great to see another 521 gettin on the road