521 Bumperettes

Rocket Dog

I have the bumperettes, I have the "Y" shaped brackets.  Thing is, if you line them up on the frame holes, the bumperettes are smack where the tail lights will be.  I think there is an adapter plate that mounts to the frame and the "Y" brackets to align the bumperettes further back and below the tail lights.

Anybody have a pic of them?  I need to make or buy some.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you have 521 brackets?

I saw the pic in the other thread.  I think my brackets are not "521 brackets".  They have the "Y" shape but they protrude straight out from the frame, versus having that downward sweep to them.  Probably the easiest way forward for me is to fab some kind of adapter plate to move them lower and out.

I saw the pic in the other thread.  I think my brackets are not "521 brackets".  They have the "Y" shape but they protrude straight out from the frame, versus having that downward sweep to them.  Probably the easiest way forward for me is to fab some kind of adapter plate to move them lower and out.

The bend a little one way and down if i am not mistaken.

i bought 320 bumperettes awhile back thinking theyd fit, ran into the same problem with them running into the taillights. do you have pictures of the bumperettes?

I can get pics, they are over at the shop now.  they're shaped like a "Y" or a "V" depending how your brain works...but if bolted to the frame holes (they do line up) they will place the bumperette smack where the tail light goes.

• 2 weeks later...