Anyone know how to market to a large company?

I have some great slogans/marketing ideas for companies like Nike or Adidas. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to listen? Their web sites say they do not take unsolicited ideas. My ideas could be used for small print ad to visual/electronic marketing and could be used for a full campaign if desired. I would be willing to share in any $ for the ideas if we can figure how to market

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep trying to contact higher ups. Not stalkerish just call maybe once twice a month saying hey ive got some good ideas. Also see if you can get a meeting with them, if you get one set up a tasteful presentation with logos and the such. In high school we had do one presentation every shop week to help with public speaking, so practice what your going to say every night in front of friends, family, or even pets and youll do fine.   

Ive worked a bit in the marketing and design industry and am doing it more and more lately and its true what you read on their site... they wont accept unsolicitated ideas; especially if youre looking to make money off them. They contract out for all their marketing needs with some develpment in-house. Unless you work with whatever firm theyre using at the time or you know a Nike corporate marketing guy... youre a bit SOL. I know two corporate Nike guys, but neither are marketing guys. 

I honestly dont see you getting your ideas up to them... its so hard with the big names nowadays. 

I have tried contacting their marketing firm Wyden & Kenedy and they also do not accept unsolicited ideas. Its too bad for them, these ideas are good.

Was going to tell you to contact them before I read that. I was an extra in a Nike commercial that aired during the Olympics and thats the company that sent me my check. I'll go through my email contacts later tonight and see if I have anything that may be useful for you.

Well. In my work, you would speak to the marketing department and most big companies have a team of people who create and also find good ideas, almost like a scout for sports, if your idea is picked up than you get a check and he gets a big bonus.

So... Find the phone number for the marketing department, speak with a marketing officer "don't give him your idea over the phone, their are countless tails of people getting burned" and see what has to be done to create a presentation.

You guys are hilarious, do you have any idea how competitive the world of advertising is? If you are an outsider and are able to actually collect on a royalty, it would be short of a miracle. Not to mention, most large companies outsource their marketing to companies that target specific demographics, my gf works for a company that makes ads that are intended for the Hispanic community. They make ads for companies like att and dominoes. It's likely these shoe companies do outsource just the same

• Like 1