Another Slammed KA 510

SIXTY-NINE-DIME

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn really nice, do you ever worry about puncturing your fuel lines?

Nope. never.

oh a BTW, #needsmoarlow :P :D

love this car though. super jealous on the wheels.... :wub:

haha my 69 was the role model for being low. This car doesnt have to go through that lol i like driving fast!And thanks! hows the LZ coming?

Another option is Mooneyes.  I got mine from them a couple years ago.

How are the roads up there?  I wish I could go lower, but the roads here SUCK!

the roads are fine, atleast in the areas i drive in. 

Usually anywhere but around Seattle are nice. I hate going into Seattle because the freeway is such shit. 

• 3 weeks later...

ALLLLLRRRIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT.... So i've been slackin on my thread pretty hard, as usual. But heres a small update. As some of you may know, i'm trading my KA to Spudly (casey) for all of his L motor stuff (plus cash on his end).. which included a running l20b (said to have 80k on it, and by the looks of the insides it may be possible), a complete l20b with broekn pistons skirts, an l16 with broken piston skirts (see a pattern here?), all of his turbo parts, manifolds and carbs, and a 5 speed with clutch and flywheel. I was supposed to trade casey a while back when his car was still running, but i flaked out due to reliability reasons. I've grown bored with the ka and decided im gonna go ahead and run with the l20bt. My goal is to make this motor reliable, and maybe get up to the power of the KA.. but we'll see how that goes. With that being said, the first thing I picked up for this motor was an a87 peanut head. We'll see how this motor handles boost with the extra compression. Ive been slowly piecing this swap back together for about a month or so now, and im finally close to putting it in and getting it running.. im pretty fucking excited! As of right now I've had to buy a msd 6-btm boost retard controller to help with the detonation problem and hopefully stop the piston skirts from breaking. Another issue Casey had was not having enough fuel pressure when under heavy load, so I purchased a fuel regulator that compensates for boost. I've got a gasket kit of course since this motor had a blown head gasket when I got it. Also had to pick up another set of carbs. All in all I'm pretty excited to see how this motor turns out. By the time I'm done buying parts for this motor, I could probably turbo the ka and still be more reliable but I'm honestly beyond sick of seeing a ka under my hood. No offense but I think a turbo'd l motor with mikunis is way more exciting than a stock ka. I'll have some pics up as soon as I get home, for some reason I can't post pics on my phone

• Like 2

You need to hurry up and get done with this thing... Id like to do a tandem shoot this Summer sometime.

Get crackin'.

lol sounds good

little bit of progress.. just playing the waiting game for parts so i can hurry up and throw it in!

IMAG0372.jpg

dont mind the mess

IMAG0370.jpg

Polished up the intake and piping

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg