720 ute build

andyathome

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This link is useless, and should be removed, do not use, it will just confuse you.

You need to join a photo hosting site, and figure it out from there, I would not use photobucket, it is screwed up right now.

If you cannot figure out how to post your photos, just send them to me and I will post them for you.

tmdatsuns@gmail.com

Welcome to Ratsun  B)

its getting there , have just changed it from a 4 speed on the tree to a 5 speed on the floor, also replaced the deck with some nice native wood and built a roll cage on the back to tie my dirt bikes on to.

will get around to up grading motor as it is only running a z20 with standard carb and extractors with a 2 inch exhaust system.

just not the same as my 375KW at the wheels Ford falcon.

Im thinking there needs to be a turbo on the new motor, that should make the little ute boggie.

unfortunatley my son loves my truck so much because its old school I had to get him on aswell, He needs his one on the road more than I do at the moment so will post a combined build ( including pics aswell ).

go the mighty datsun

DSC02708.JPG :thumbup:                                                                         this is what in looked like after sitting in my drive way for a couple of hours, I painted center hubs on wheels and sprayed over a couple of rust marks, had a few beers and thought I can do better than that.IMG_20130120_171458.jpg :thumbup:                                                                       mutch better, now for the in side.

cheers WAYNO  for helping out with the photos, I will try and source the parts your after, Im having a bit of a mission finding parts for mine, you could try TRADEME . that is a NZ web site that people sell stuff on, there seems to be a large number of datsun people down in christchurch so some one may have what your after.

cheers WAYNO  for helping out with the photos, I will try and source the parts your after, Im having a bit of a mission finding parts for mine, you could try TRADEME . that is a NZ web site that people sell stuff on, there seems to be a large number of datsun people down in christchurch so some one may have what your after.

Your Welcome, but you need to join a photo hosting service, most are free for stuff like this, try picasa, if I can figure it out enough to post a photo, then anybody can given enough time.

I was just asking if there were a lot of 720s near you, don't worry about it, if it is not easy, I don't want to deal with it, but if you were parting out a 720 for the parts you need, and there was an extra RHD steering gear, I would want it if possible.

I would really like a power steering RHD steering gear.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MdPGU6ULARk/UR_fklVDloI/AAAAAAAAAGM/pE1DTK4Z3Rk/s576/Image0039.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fJh2ynqPJgQ/UR_g6PkFctI/AAAAAAAAAHU/ZvyxduuauxM/s640/Photo061.jpg

first photo is of my boys ute, we have fitted some new tyres and bead blasted the rims and painted black. next is 2 inch lowering blocks and lower the front.

second photo I have started to make a rear roll cage to tie dirt bike to and  also made a start on sealing timber on deck.

Ok , im useing picasa Ive managed to get the link into the topic box , which I can click on and it displays the photo, how do you get the photo to display instead of the link :blush:

Ok, you upload the photo to picasa, then you click on "done", that takes you to that album that you just uploaded the photos to, left click on the photo you want to post, it will open another page with a larger version of that photo, right click on that full sized photo, and then left click the copy that image option, then go to your post/reply on ratsun, right click and paste.

If you want to post another photo, go back picasa, you will see an arrow on the right and/or left of the photo, left click on it, and it will take you to the next full size photo, just copy and paste the ones you want to post one at a time, I have not figured out how to do more than one at a time yet myself.

I hope you understand this, all I did was click on your link, right click on the photo and copy the image, and then paste it to the reply I posted.