720 ute build

andyathome

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

helps if you know someone who nows the best way to tune a car, thats my brother about to inform me I need a new set of $500 tyres.He made 375KW at the rear wheels from my 4 liter straight six turbo ford falcon.

hes dead keen on sorting an engine for the ute, lots of people have done the sr20 thing, can you guys and girls suggest an alternative. I would like to go the turbo way but spending millions will see me slepping outside. realy she loves me but if I spend too much on another car , NO MORE SEX?    . ps . THERE WONT BE A ROTARY EVER IN THIS TOY.

DSC02382.JPG?gl=NZ

thanks for the help I was starting to think Im a complete idiot, way easy now that I know .I found that you cant right click to paste in the topic box ,I had to use the paste icon, super easy now, on ce again thank you :rofl: :thumbup:

You can't right click in the field and paste, weird, that's how I do all my photos, and how i did all of yours to.

I had to have someone help me also, what goes around, comes around.

i dont know why it wouldnt let me do that. I thought it might be my lap top so I tried my android lap top , same thing.

went and used my work desk top. same thing?

pc issues , I dont know. it must be some sort of compatibility issue.

Let the IT geeks work that out, I just want to go for a skid in the datsun aka RATSAN .

buy the way it cost me a grand to get those plates.

In New Zealand we have to have a licence plate front and back so the policemen can do their job, at the moment I dont really need a plate at the rear.

When I swapped out the 4 speed and changed to a 5 speed I need to get the drive shaft extended 125mm, now when I go above 145kph,just short of 100mph it wants to vibrate to bits.

Have checked all of the universals , clutch, wheel nuts ect from comments on this site. no easy fix so its back to the guys who did the drive shaft to check that they ballanced it properly.

Just another small job to keep a clasic running.

GO THE MIGHTY DATSUN

IMG_20130217_212418.jpg                                                  ok so interior needs to be sorted. I can live with it for a while , waiting for motor upgrade makes it worth it

IMG_20130217_212250.jpg

Need to finnish off the cage , make attachment brackets for the bikes, and get it powder coateedd

I DOO SO MUCH LIKE THE VIEW FROM THE BACK

IMG_20130217_212355.jpg

Photo064..jpg

form this......

Photo045..jpg

to this,

Im sure my truck is starting to think it is an aeroplane, it spends more time up in the air than it dose on the ground.

still trying to find the source of vibration at speed, im also trying to find a new diff as my 4.8 even with a 5 speed still is reving way to high at normal motorway speeds, sits at 3500 rpm at 100 kmph.

ordered a new distributer cap on friday, got told it would be here on monday. I stop in on the way to work and its the wrong one :poop:

also cut out small muffler and am going to replace with a flowmaster or something along those lines, more deep than bark.

have found a diff , sorry have been offered one for $50.00 cash , its out of a c22 nissan vannet the guy said its a 3.7 ratio . Ive done a bit of googleing and can only find ratios in the 4s . dose any one know if they come with lower ratios.

I know they have a H190 diff in them, same as mine? what about the axial size ? what are the chances of them being the same size as mine, anything else I should look out for.

have found a diff , sorry have been offered one for $50.00 cash , its out of a c22 nissan vannet the guy said its a 3.7 ratio . Ive done a bit of googleing and can only find ratios in the 4s . dose any one know if they come with lower ratios.

I know they have a H190 diff in them, same as mine? what about the axial size ? what are the chances of them being the same size as mine, anything else I should look out for.

I wish I could tell you all H190s were the same, but the side gears and axle sizes do differ from model type to model type, the side gears can be changed from one to another, but I don't know that in your instance for sure, I am only guessing.

All H190 equipped trucks over here have the same 29 spline axles except for the 320 pickup, but the roadsters, 510 wagons have yet another sized axle, but all over here seem to interchange, all that has to be done is to change out the side gears to match your axles, and then install into your housing.

I hope I explained this correctly

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_20130305_155242.jpgIMG_20130305_145821.jpgIMG_20130305_155032.jpgIMG_20130305_155200.jpgIMG_20130305_155242.jpgprogress so far. some mint bucket seats, a new diff , petrol tank and a serious engine tune and the 5 speed is all good. what a difference. got back home after a Russell peters concert and my brother had tunned the truck with standard carb and extractors , haha guna need new tyres soon as way too easy to light them up.