Looking for correct blue-green engine paint

I've got an L24 block I'm working on and am hoping someone local has a can of the correct color engine paint laying around collecting dust. It doesn't have to be a full can, just enough to do up my block. Very local is preferred (I'm in Lynnwood, WA) - I'm hoping to get it honed and ready to go by the end of the week.

Tim

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't find anybody who has some paint you can get it mixed at a auto body paint shop. Again this is for a quart if you want to mix a pint just divide everything in half.

Find a Dupont Dealer and ask them to mix up a quart (5 or more engines) [or spit it in half for a pint] of Dupont "Chroma 1" paint. Be sure and buy the "Chroma 1" catalyst and reducer also.

Tinting guide mix size
806J HS BLACK 177.2
801J HS WHITE 290.0
828J HS FAST BLUE 373.8
830J HS FAST GREEN 444.4
702OG BINDER 844.0
7030G BALANCER 960.4

I just saw some for sale by the spray can at a known Z car online shop... Im trying to remember where though. I thought I bookmarked it for myself, but I cant seem to find it. Ill keep looking. It was only a few dollars. 

Edit: maybe the Z guys know, but I remember it being a really Web 1.0 site and I believe the background was black. 

I had a can a couple years ago when I was rebuilding a U20 motor but I think I either gave it to the guy who bought it or it just got tossed because it's nowhere to be found. I did find some online but the stuff I found isn't cheap ($30 with shipping) and there's no way I'd have it by the weekend. I probably ought to just bite the bullet and order it - I'll need some for my L16 eventually and I guess it won't kill me to wait for it to be shipped. I also considered the Pontiac green but I want to get it as close as possible to the original.

i second the pontiac blue but im curious any particular reason you want the original color that badly? full resto?

This particular engine isn't for me but when I work on things I prefer to keep them looking as original as possible. For my own cars I do the same - when my wagon is done it will look very stock with just a few subtle modifications.

Z car parts. Google brought it up. Its the top result. 29$ a can.

What is this Google thing you mention? Never heard of it...

Seriously though, I know it can be found and ordered but I was hoping to find some local so I can get my block painted this week.

• 3 weeks later...
A bit of an old thread, but I just remembered where I saw the paint...

http://datsunpartsllc.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=205&parent=14

I ended up getting a can from them (Datsun Parts LLC) - the color is good.

Willdatsun - the 2nd post in the thread by schicksal shows the correct formula at least for the engine paint. Not sure about the air cleaner paint.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.