My first Datsun...

akawes

So I've been a fan of smaller cars for a long time.  Prolly because my first car was fairly small (95 honda civic hatch 5spd) but i've owned a 05 mini cooper S and sold that before I deployed.  After I got back I bought a 1976 fiat 124 spider.  I've been lurking the forums here for a little while seeing how many guys are around here and how many guys are from around back home (New York) so i wasn't totally isolated.  I love the look of the 2 doors so thats what i started searching for about 3 weeks ago.  Well there were only 2 510's for sale anywhere close to the springs that i knew of.  One being a 68 2dr that used to belong to Bob3 and a 71 2dr.  Well the guy who was selling bob's old car decided it was a good idea to keep driving the car he was trying to sell and got rear ended.  Well long story short he flaked on sending me photos of the damage so i could see if it was worth the trouble to try and fix.  So on monday I went up and looked at the 71.  Needless to say one test drive down a nice curvy road and 3500$ later I was the proud owner of my very own 510.  It might have been a little high in your guys' eyes but to me it was worth it.  It has almost all of the trim pieces the original radio still works but it does have its trouble spots.  Now for some pics.

temporary-2.jpg

temporary-3.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-1.jpg

temporary-6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty clean. I see aftermarket ignition and a weber carb. Has the motor been swapped? $3500 for a clean, running, two door doesn't sound too bad to me.

Yeah it has the L20 in it.  I have to go back up to the guys shop sometime soon when i have the free time.  He's giving me another transmission another set of wheels and some other misc parts that he has.  

Nice find, prices are all over the place on these things and 2 doors are scarce. looks like its got some old Cosmics and the factory tach. Should be a fun project, get out to some local meets when the weather warms up and just enjoy driving a piece of history.

I love classic cars always have always will.

anybodys wants my yelow convert box flare 510 with Compomotives Ill do 6 K $ right now

I think thats pretty clean also. No rust unlike this one driver fender and pass side rear.

But hopefully this is a good home for this car.

Love seeing other 510s on the road, beater or not.

Oh shes gunna get some TLC i'm going to drive her the way she is for right now to figure out what exactly i would like to do with the car.  The main thing i'm focused on right now is being able to drive her all the way back to New York at the end of May.

anybodys wants my yelow convert box flare 510 with Compomotives Ill do 6 K $ right now

I think thats pretty clean also. No rust unlike this one driver fender and pass side rear.

But hopefully this is a good home for this car.

Love seeing other 510s on the road, beater or not.

I'll give $2500.  You have to wash and wax it first though.  Vacuum up the cat hair too.