bloke a thermostat houseing peice!!!! any help?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed one last weekend, no local autoparts had them, they only sell the piece that goes from the thermostat to the hose.

I went to the junkyard, couldn't find another one from an l16, so I had to grab one from a 280z, welded the extra sensors holes,looks kinda crappy but it works and it was only 7 box.

I've seen a few on ebay for sale.

I needed one last weekend, no local autoparts had them, they only sell the piece that goes from the thermostat to the hose.

I went to the junkyard, couldn't find another one from an l16, so I had to grab one from a 280z, welded the extra sensors holes,looks kinda crappy but it works and it was only 7 box.

I've seen a few on ebay for sale.

i've found out that some of those extra holes (if threaded) can be pluged up using simple fittings from a hardware store. Kind of nice to plug those stupid bypass holes. ;)

these are the L16 housings from the 510/521 series

Housine with NO BYPASS hole uses a strat water line

11061-21000

Housing w/bypass hole (needs a U shaped hose to go from water line to lower part of the housing

11061-P0300

T Neck 11060-21000

the temp sender 16mm nut 25251-37700 buy a spare of this cause most old ones youll never get out and break the housing again

If there are two holes, use one, pipe plug the other. If the spare hole already has a sender in it, leave alone. You don't want to break another housing just to take a sender out to put a plug in.

Use Teflon plumber's tape on the threads. Wrap in the opposite direction to tightening.