KA24DE In a 1972 510

IRISH DIME

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hitting walls with every harness distributer i call.

hahahahahahaha :rofl:

you cant just buy shit new....

... fuck if there was we wouldnt be spending hours patching up our old harnesses :rofl:

Wiring Specialties is your only hope of being able to buy something.

these are Datsuns remember.... not Hondas. you dont build them with buy and bolt.

• Like 1

There are specialty shops for just about everything. Was just looking for a direction. Im building the car with a couple buddies who have been building dimes for a long time and am doing the majority of the work on it ourselves. So I am well educated to the fact you cant buy everything new,but Id like to do so when the opportunity is there.  Needed a new rear quarter panel and thought id have to find a used one, I looked hard enough and found a shop that makes them still, brand new.

As others said it is probablly your best bet to try and find a good condition used engine harness for ka24de.. keep your eye on CL and Ebay as they come up pretty often from 240sx guys going with a motor swap. Ideally you would split open a stock harness and remove any un-needed wires out and perhaps shorten it to fit the 510 better, a stock one will be to long.. I have seen a lot of people wrap the excess around under the dash but personally i think its worth the extra effort to make it fit right... From there you have a few options to tie it into the datsun.. A Canam box like mentioned above or you can make something similar yourself from parts avalible from painless or any other specialty wiring company.

The alternative is to pay someone to do it. I have a friend in socal that has a business doing wiring for customs & race cars, Im sure he would make a harness for you but it'll cost...  you can look him up if you like  http://jordaninnovations.com/

When doing my car i bough a brand new oem harness and completelty stripped it down and removed things / shortened others (although i was going from MAF setup to MAP, so there was a lot more to remove) .. it was a pain. but in the end it's done right.

I know the owners and one of my employees lives with them. I actually called ur shop asking for help building my 510 and some one told me they couldnt help. Now I see why, building ur own bad ass dime. When mine is done ill stop by. U have any spare parts for sale? I have a shell with a cage and a motor being built on east coast with a few parts im collecting.

• 4 weeks later...
Needed a new rear quarter panel and thought id have to find a used one, I looked hard enough and found a shop that makes them still, brand new.

What company makes new rear quarter panels??? . .. if it's WOLF or ALFA steel, you shouldn't cut off your old quarter panels,, they don't fit right at all

The first said with a little work they do fit. The concern for them was the wheel well arc. I am going to cut that off anyhow and use BRE flares from troy. Anything else you find would be cool. And thanks for the heads up for sure. Ill let you know what i find out this week when we start looking at it