maltese mistress ('73 240Z)

maltese

Thanks, DTP!

The car is running slightly cooler. I'm going to pull the radiator, and send it out. Also going to try another temp gauge, just to see if I get a different reading. No telling if my 40 year old gauge is accurate.

I don't mind refreshing/upgrading the cooling system, anyhow. Pics of the new fan...

9323311021_e5e1e0b9cd.jpg

9323306149_c2d2e82363.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what calipers you use your going to lock the front if you slam on the brakes. I think the yota fronts with hawk pads in the rear is a much better solution. 

Thanks for your feedback. I don't want to try all the different combinations myself, since there are guys that have already found the answers for me, through their experience. Part of the reason I chose to go this route, is because of the tires I'm running. They don't really grip that well, compared to other tires I've used. I might go to more aggressive brakes, on my next set of tires. For now, this was inexpensive, compared to buying a different set of tires. Definitely wanted to address the braking issue before the wet weather comes back.

• 5 weeks later...

Its soooooo nice to have a clear windshield. I have actually never owned an s30 with one lol. I have friends with new screens though and when I get into their cars its like wow... 

Yeah, it's so much nicer to drive. The original glass had a scratch directly in front of the driver, from a bad wiper blade, and a crack top to bottom, on the passenger side.

I was relieved to see minimal signs of rust under the seal, too. The orange paint underneath still looked great.

• 1 month later...

They are extremely clean, and well taken care of. I know the last two owners personally. As far as the sound... I can't wait. My auto shop teacher (circa 1995) has a built L28 with triple Webers, in his '70 240Z. I remember riding shotgun at the autocross events, with an ear to ear grin, every time the pedal hit the floor. Going to build a motor similar to his, down the road. These carbs will be a step in the right direction!

• Like 1