maltese mistress ('73 240Z)

maltese

I got home at 1:00. It was about 40 miles to the meeting spot, but people stopped at a few different places along the way. From there, I took some other back roads home. I had Rd 225 to myself, and got to play a little more. It was a good time!

sounds like you and your boy had fun!

question… ..would I be able to use an msd blaster coil with the stock ignition/dist? any harm in that or would the added volts etc overpower and fry up the ignition system.?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the harmonic balancer from my old L24. It's slightly smaller in diameter, but it should work fine. I'll drive to work in the morning. Hopefully there won't be any issues.

I also cleaned up some of the wiring, while I was under the hood. Removed some of the old unused ignition wires, and re-taped the harness. It looks much better now.

Next up, gotta get the brake booster replaced.

Broke down in Friant, on the way home.

I wish I could keep my Z safe and warm in the garage, when it rains. But, I have to drive it daily. Hopefully soon, I'll pick up another car.

The Z made it to work and back today, with no issues!

Problem with enclosed garages is that they attract "stuff" and stuff multiplys faster than hobgoblins so you end up working on your car in the rain  right outside your garage,,,,,,,,, that's completely full of stuff.

The car developed a vibration, a few days ago. Work hours have been crazy, so I was forced to drive it anyway. I was able to work on the car yesterday, and got it sorted out. The rear u-joint on the drive shaft was toast. I replaced both of the joints, and now it's good as new.

13184496913_bfb782ee9f_z.jpg

Old worn out joint...

13184393365_2877caf2c1_z.jpg

And the new one...

13184504563_e9eaa74c93_z.jpg

The front joint wasn't as bad, but was due to be replaced as well.

Today, I was invited to a drift event. I was able to get off work a little early, so I went to check it out. Never been to one before, and I've got to admit, it was pretty cool! There was a wide variety of different cars competing, from 240sx to a Suzuki Sidekick. :ROFL:

My car watching the show...

13184486133_c5c9df8913_z.jpg

I got to ride along in my friend's BMW. He's just getting back into drifting, after a couple years. He did pretty damn good, considering. Here's a video of one of his runs. Not his best run of the day, but you get the idea...

Highlights of the day were a 900 HP 240sx, with a turbo'd LS6, and a sweet little regular cab Tacoma, who's driver could make that truck keep up with the big boys. I'll be going to more of these events, for sure!

• 4 weeks later...