Building an Engine for Mileage Input

dqami

yep..that I agree with EFi for better gas mileage. 32/36 weber is not the best for fuel efficieny, sure they advertised that it's good for fuel efficiency but just from my own experience a 32/36 does not improve. People say that header will help you improve, I did not see any difference between my 75 Celica and Datsuns. I disconnected the smog pump and Ac stuff no difference in fuel mpg but a little bit more power.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep..that I agree with EFI for better gas mileage. 32/36 weber is not the best for fuel efficiency, sure they advertised that it's good for fuel efficiency but just from my own experience a 32/36 does not improve.

Really? I have a Weber 32/36 on my L20b-powered 411....that still ain't running...sigh...

What about SU's? Most of the roadster guys are all bragging about 28-30mpg.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dave, I would try the 3:70's rear end gear swap:) Made a big difference in my '74 620, My '74 used to scream at 4000 RPM's doing just over 60 MPH , Now I easily do 65-70 at about 3000 RPm's:D Just like Ol Yeller said the 60 fwy is horrible on weekdays and the swap helped alot climbing those hills and especialy for me driving up the Cajon Pass a few days a week Over 130+ miles roumd trip one day! Everyone that posted made alot of great points and suggestions:)Your L16 is a very efficiant, dependable engine and with a few upgrades you will get the best performance and power from your l16:)!

• 3 weeks later...
My suggestion is an engine swap. Small displacement, and efficent factory fuel injection. Its hard to find that in RWD form though. I had thought if I did the same I would find a CA16DE from a 1986 Pulsar. Those engines can be mounted to the RWD transmission from a 200SX (CA20e).

Is this true??

Is this true??

I herd dat frum Icehouse. :D I haven't done this swap myself but its always been in the back of my mind.

FWD CA18DE

RWD 200SX tranny

the intake manifold will go over the valve cover but that should be ok. The better looking intake manifolds can be found in Austrailia.