GOONS check in

gokiburix

did you mount them there so you didnt have to modifiy the fender well?

I have had a set sitting around my garage for a while, and just picked up a set that look like they WONT have to have the body mod and will fit in the OEM spot.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did you mount them there so you didnt have to modifiy the fender well?

I have had a set sitting around my garage for a while, and just picked up a set that look like they WONT have to have the body mod and will fit in the OEM spot.

well, that certainly was a plus, but I put them there with the purpose of being fog lights.

I just bought new regular headlights for an HID conversion. A buddy of mine with the blue GOON has the same pair and the light cut off is just right. They actually from a semi-truck (big rig or whatever you call them) and is DOT approved and all that jazz, so the cut off has to be right.

My next step is to get the HID stuff :) ...for now, I'll run halogen.

hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so (unless I get prepaid orders) I'm going to start selling E-code 5.75 replacement lamps along with my HID kits....I can go two ways, normal low beam or I can make them a bi-xenon and then you can use your high beam lamp for..fogs or what ever.

Looking @ $40 for the pair right now on the e-codes....

I also got the deal on the 7" ones or the Z's...

WOW Goki! How many sets of rims do you have? I remember seeing a rare set of Longchamps I think in another thread... And now Hayashis? You sir, are the MAN!

HAHAHA THANKS! ;)

I still have the Longchamp M-1s. They're in my man-cave at the moment...with tires, so I can switch them out anytime!

I have 3 sets for the goon right now, but I'm selling the enkeis. I might have a buyer at the swap meet this weekend tho, so down to two sets :P

hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so (unless I get prepaid orders) I'm going to start selling E-code 5.75 replacement lamps along with my HID kits....I can go two ways, normal low beam or I can make them a bi-xenon and then you can use your high beam lamp for..fogs or what ever.

Looking @ $40 for the pair right now on the e-codes....

I also got the deal on the 7" ones or the Z's...

$40 for the e-codes with HID kit??

If not, how much just for the HID kit? What bulb sizes are avail?

naw man..I wish. My HID kits are not that cheap... I can get any bulb that is made (even the OEM replacement ones D2 style) . My HID MFG and I have had a great run over the past 5 years with minimum warranty problems....My 1st customer still runs his original kit!!

I'm thinking I should be able to price a HID kit with replacement low beams lamps @ around $150. I might just make it a 4 lamp kit and put it @ $195.

naw man..I wish. My HID kits are not that cheap... I can get any bulb that is made (even the OEM replacement ones D2 style) . My HID MFG and I have had a great run over the past 5 years with minimum warranty problems....My 1st customer still runs his original kit!!

I'm thinking I should be able to price a HID kit with replacement low beams lamps @ around $150. I might just make it a 4 lamp kit and put it @ $195.

How about just the HID kit...no lenses (since I have lenses already)?

Bulbs/ballasts/wires/harnesses

update:

HID's are in!

2011-02-17202849.jpg

...and bright as fawk!

"light splash" isn't so bad

2011-02-17202909.jpg

ellipsoid fogs

2011-02-17202935.jpg

everyone knows the nice cut-off they have

2011-02-17203218.jpg

I need to pull the goon out of the garage to shine it at a farther wall so I can see it better.

I'll take pics when it happens.

-goki

update:

HID's are in!

2011-02-17202849.jpg

...and bright as fawk!

"light splash" isn't so bad

2011-02-17202909.jpg

ellipsoid fogs

2011-02-17202935.jpg

everyone knows the nice cut-off they have

2011-02-17203218.jpg

I need to pull the goon out of the garage to shine it at a farther wall so I can see it better.

I'll take pics when it happens.

-goki

Looks nice. I have been wanting a kit. what kit are you using and what headlight housings. I am looking for a housing which i don't have to modify buckets and correct me on this if I am wrong but do HID kits just plug into the existing headlight plug and the amplifier just amplify the output from the stock plug to the new HID bulbs?

This is my mini-writeup

This is where I cut on the stock headlight mounting bracket

DSC02294.jpg

Depending which side you decide to put it on (headlight/highbeams) the cut is pretty much the same

This is where I cut on the headlight bucket

DSC02295.jpg

(I think I posted it before like a year ago...I left about 1"-1.5" on the bucket)

This is what it looks like installed

DSC02289.jpg

You can clearly see my ugly cut (the headlight finishers cover that s#!+ up anyways)

Backside

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

You can see how much the fatass ellipsoid sticks out compared to the headlights(excuse the mess)

Hope this helps anyone else that's thinking of tackling this task. I know there's kinda writeups on this but never seems like a complete one.

(perhaps I should copy this into that thread)

-goki

Looks nice. I have been wanting a kit. what kit are you using and what headlight housings. I am looking for a housing which i don't have to modify buckets and correct me on this if I am wrong but do HID kits just plug into the existing headlight plug and the amplifier just amplify the output from the stock plug to the new HID bulbs?

The headlight housings I got from a buddy...who's brother (from what I understand) works at a big-rig/semi-truck parts shop or something.... :confused:

Anyway, I went with these because my buddy has them in his goon and showed me he didn't have to modify anything. He can get more, so if you're interested, I can ask him to get another set.

The HID kit I'm using is ONEX. Seems to be ok... we'll see.

And putting the ellipsoids was kinda a last min decision. I already started working on it a year prior, but kinda got lazy and didn't do anything. I was able to get an extra set of brackets and buckets, so I decided "why not?" and started cutting. I thought "if I fuck up, I'll just stay with whatever I got...unmodified".

Yes, the "wiring" for the HID's are SUPER simple! I was dragging my feet on this one as well because I wasn't sure how it was all wired up. To my complete surprise, its pretty much idiot proof.

A harness gets plugged into the ballast.

That harness leads to a rubbery thing that splits off into:

H4 (stock headlight) plug for power

2 other wires plugs into the bulb, which also has 2 wires waiting for it.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to get the wires crossed because the harness comes with male and female connectors, so there's really only one way to do it.

DONE.

-goki

Well, looks like I've joined the goon squad...here is the latest find, I traded my 620 to James Johnson for it.

Iphone039.jpg

Iphone038.jpg

Iphone040.jpg

Iphone042.jpg

Iphone043.jpg

Iphone031.jpg

So long 620...

So far the plan is to put my recently acquired KA24e in it, along with the 280zx coilovers/disks/swaybar out of my 2 door. I'll probably just flip a leaf in the rear and block it for now. I have some QA1 coilvers for a 4 link, but thats a pipe dream for the moment. I cleaned it all u p, and am putting carpet in it this weekend. I'll post more pics soon.