ignition coils and pictures!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so after a day of playing and pulling parts and now installing alternator from 84 and made a wiring harness that'll work! I found a fuel leak on 1 of the main fuel lines and replace that which is great! went thru an entire tank of gas yesterday. Went through and set time in idle and this thing is purrin like a kitten all systems go.

So I guess my last question of the day is that Nissan says I should see 45 miles to the gallon by their standards, I realize that was an 85, so if everything is timed right with a good tune up on it what kind of mileage should I see out of my 720 extended cab... Everything's Factory right down to the carburetor and I believe the settings are too!

Laughing my ass off right now I was just going to the factory NISSAN books that came with the truck when it was manufactured sold that was what they claim was 40 45highway 30 in city.

That looks like 10 have to post pictures of once I figure out how the hell to do it,that way everybody can see, I thought it was comical myself!!!! So many things all at the average it out tomorrow I have 170 miles round trip in the will see how that affects the truck and what happens! As usual I'm appreciative and thankful for all your guys help you guys are awesome use the help me out quite a bit thank you. And if any of this is hard is it to understand I'm doing a voice text so that's messed up you'll know why it's good for laugh anyway

45 MPG????? Not ever in a 720. A Z24 720 2wd would get mid 20s. With some careful highway driving maybe 10% better. MPG comes down to engine size and vehicle weight. My 2 liter 620 would give high 20s on cross Canada trips. The 720 is heavier and a larger motor.

Maybe they used a Canadian Imperial gallon. 4.549 liters. Still would never go over 30.

Since i cant post from this piecer backup phone, if anyone wans to shoot me a email with ur return address...... Ill take pics of the factory book n shot em to ya...i ish u not, that was the claim when it was sold and yes itsa factory owners manual for the truck and i got it frok the original owner... I don believe it cuz i know... Buuut its on thefactory projections

>>>the factory NISSAN books that came with the truck when it was manufactured sold that was what they claim was 40 45highway 30 in city.

This could be the 720 truck with the diesel engine, best I have ever got was 36hiway, 26ish city, but I am a lead foot.

The guy down the street claimed 42mpg hiway once, don't know what he was getting in the city, but 30 would not surprise me..

i agree it could be the nissan with the diesel enginge, but it isnt... ill pull the books and line up some pics.... judging from my commmute this a.m., i certainly am not getting 45 mi. per gallon!! lol would be nice tho!

Besides its smiles to the gallon not miles anyway!! know thats why i fiz, repair and build.... for reaction and attraction!!! wifey sez find more rides sooo found a couple around my work n gonna acout em out today!!! a 520  and a 521!!!!  both look as tho  they been sittin for a while, i know for atleast the last 2 years..... so im hoping to take em off theyre hands for em! wish me luck!!!

Nissan 720 did grrrrrreat this morning, straight , clean, and everything working - gotta love it

So interesting new problem.... My fuel pump solenoid bhind the dash. Intermittantly goes out for no apparent reason..... Havent had any problems other than this since we streeted it..... Is there something else i should be looking at besides this?? I replaced it once with one from another truck, n for tonight ima have to hotwire it to get home from seattle...... Any thougts or suggestions are appreciated!!! Hate gettin stuck when i gotta b somewhere!!!

yay me!! waiing for AAA for a ride home... at a loss here..... soo i know i have power to the fuel pump relay under the dash, i can run a jumper and it will run but now the choke stays wiiiide open....  love this outa tha blu stuff... been driving 170 mi. a day with no issues and , to me it appears that relay under the dash has gone bad...

Dos anyone know , does this relay run more than just the fuel pump (obviously it does), and is there anyway to bypass it to limp it home??

are these comon to having issues??? all the fuses and relays i know of are good...

thoughts, ideas???

ifn ida had a hinknling of an idea i had an issue ida brought my manuals.... sooo lookin fo0r a solution while i wait for the wheels of steel to drag my butt home.... :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :crying:

If you have the fuel pump jumpered and the choke open why aren't you driving home?

Check the #5 fuse over from the left. It's 15 amp and supplies only power to the fuel pump.

Fuel pump relay looks like this. 2238135_f248.jpg

A signal from the starter starts the pump. As long as cranking the pump is on. When the key is released, and if there is no alternator output, or if the oil pressure light is on, the fuel pump shuts off. Yes they do fail... often a solder joint on the back of the printed circuit is bad and needs to be re-soldered.

If the fuse is OK and there is power to the fuel pump relay you can simply jumper the WHITE wire to the WHITE/BLACK stripe wire. This forces continuous fuel pump with the ignition on.

2238132_f248.jpg

• Like 1

Parked til the weekend.... All fuses are good... I tried jumping it as described...but didnt work untill i jumped the white and black to the blue wire..... Then fuel pump kicked on and would run for a while and shut down.... Not good enuf to drive soooo caught some flatbed time.... Time for some research and some investigating.... Thanks datzen mike for the input... Ima take the relay to work j chexk the board tomorrow.... Love this truck!!!! Its gonna b something stupid im sure

• 1 month later...

New problems..... Does it ever end? Have fuel, have spark.... It will now start, run and idle and then shut off like some one turned the key off.... Ive been playing with it for hours now.... Testing ignition, coils, relays.... Connectors... Wiring.... It still has spark when the the truck shuts off, and yes ive looked in the feedback carb and its gettin fuel but just shuts off... Doesnt diesel, and has no warning..... For some reason i keep returning to the fuel system, carb but dunno why.... When it dies off ive tried fuel wide open or feathering the pedal and nothin... Blockage? If the the siteglass is full and i some squirtin in the primary is there anything else i should be looking for?