wagon rear leaf spring

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to mark at flex a form this morning... Nice guy! Sounds like if I could get someone to take some detailed measurements for me I can make this work. Anyone willing? Pm me your phone # and we can figure this out. This will require a soft tape measure and something to accurately measure the bushing bolt size.

Thanks

Joel

Someone on the forum already had springs made from these guys for their goon... PM him maybe? His car was at canby... its blue... trying to remember who it was...

Aha! this thread! http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40112-autocrossstreet-handling-72-510-wagon/

Im gonna guess he still has an email hanging around with the measurements in it. And obviously his car drives now...

I do have a question regarding these springs. Do they help much with axle wrap? I want to go lower with my wagon (only like another inch) but doing so makes it so any hard launches my diff hits the floor, and I get wheel hop.

Joel, what else do you need that Mark doesn't already have?

After Kelvin and I got our springs made, there shouldn't have beem much left for questioning.

I have lots of pictures in my album around here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3393&page=11

but I also have lots of other files and such I can e-mail you if you like.

--carter

Good to know... He had a set of measurements but wanted me to confirm before I order. So the set you ordered has a main leaf length of 47 1/4" and a front eye to center pin length of 20 3/4"? Front eye diameter is 3/4" and rear is 5/8"? These are the numbers he gave me today to check but if this is what you ordered than I'm good to go.

On a side note, what spring rate are you running and how do you like it? How accurate was the ride height from what you ordered? How's the load carrying characteristics with your setup i.e. does the rear end tolerate a passenger or two in the back seat without bottoming out?

Thanks

Joel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.