Introduction: 1973 240Z

Hi everybody,

Ive been a lurker here for awhile and just joined. Im a broke college student with a '73 240 that I inherited from my dad, who is the original owner. The car has been sitting for a long time and hasnt run since '92, right now its currently residing in my friend's backyard until I can find the room for it at my house. I recently entered a contest to win 10k to restore my Z so I figured now would be as good a time as any to register on the site.

Heres a link to the contest:

http://bit.ly/UYWhi3

As you can see, my car needs some serious work. Even if I dont win, Im hoping to get this project started soon, I've been waiting to drive this thing since I was 5.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally i don't vote for thing like this... But it was very easy to do.. And it's not a failbook contest. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Thanks! Normally I dont post stuff up like this asking for votes but I figured what the hell I might as well see if I have a shot of winning this thing. 10k would more than a great start to my small box of new parts Ive been accumulating over the past couple of years.

Here's some more pictures:

p1010591z.jpg

p1010585b.jpg

Nice dent in the quarter panel where my neighbor kicked it when I pulled the car out of my old garage when I moved =(

p1010582.jpg

Its got the usual rust in the corners of the fenders. Some rust in the rear hatch and the sills, and some damage from a previous accident my dad had driving in Colorado.

that 1/4 is totally workable.

I voted too.... I miss my 73 :( lol

I appreciate all the votes guys. I should take another picture of the quarter, it looks worse than the picture shows. The was some filler on there from my dads accident that cracked.

Even if I dont win I still want to get this project rolling. Its been garaged pretty much since Ive had it except for the past year since its been at my friends house and its killing me that it just sits outside.

Here's some more pictures:

p1010582.jpg

Its got the usual rust in the corners of the fenders. Some rust in the rear hatch and the sills, and some damage from a previous accident my dad had driving in Colorado.

That looks like a CB160 or 175 Sloper back there.. the resident bike guy must know mang. Oh and welcome nice Z

Even if I dont win I still want to get this project rolling.

Nice to hear your determination for this Datsun is not solely reliant on the winning of said contest, but what exactly are your plans if you win?

cause if it's slammed, on Diamond racing wheels, and ZG flares, with some: never been tried before motor swap, I like where it's at now better :lol:

That looks like a CB160 or 175 Sloper back there.. the resident bike guy must know mang. Oh and welcome nice Z

Good eye! Thats a CB160 I bought for my brother for christmas. I found it without a motor, and it took me a year to track one down, which happened to be a 175 sloper from a CL.

Whose type 3?

Welcome to the site.

Its my brothers, its a '68. I drive a '68 too.

Nice to hear your determination for this Datsun is not solely reliant on the winning of said contest, but what exactly are your plans if you win?

cause if it's slammed, on Diamond racing wheels, and ZG flares, with some: never been tried before motor swap, I like where it's at now better :lol:

Haha, yeah Im envisioning it staying pretty much the same as it is. Original color, original interior. My friends dont understand why I want to keep it brown, they dont think its a very good color but they have no taste. I had planned on lowering it a bit just to make it handle better, but no slammage. Stock motor, etc etc.