Stratos Wheels! (Photochops inside)

Ben280

I've been jonzing for a new wheel setup for the Z and I stumbled across these online! Seems like they might be a pain to adapt, but THEY LOOK SOO COOL!

wheelsideon.jpg

220_0_m.jpg

They are made in 2 sizes, 12x15 and 12x8! I THINK the 12's would fit in the rear with some SERIOUS flares (Only offset info I can find for them is -50!!!)

They are Compomotive made exclusively for Hawk Cars (Lancia kit car manufacturer in the UK) 

Has anybody ever seen these on a Z car before? 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody ever seen these on a Z car before? 

Never seen them on anything besides a Lancia Stratos...  ^_^

And did you mean 15x8 and 15x12?

Since you will probably need 1" thick adapters to fit the 5x108, I would consider the 15x8 all around.  :thumbup:

With an adapter, that 15x12 -50 is more like a 15x12 -75...   :huh:

Correction: Looks dope on a flared Ferrari too...  

688_z.jpg

• Like 1

LOL sorry, 15x12 and 15x8. Got so excited about the foot wide rear wheels that I typed it twice!! 

I think if these were going to get run, you'd have to do it properly, and convert the rear to the 5x108 and have Modern Motorsports make custom drilled rear stubs. They do say on their site that you can get custom stud patterns.....

anybody want to sponsor me on this?  :devil:

damn those are sexy as hell i wouldnt give up on the 12 inch rears though if you convert the rear to 4 lug shortened control arms and axles along with bringing in the strut tops and flares it could be made to work get me a side shot of the wheels and ill get to work in photoshop

• Like 2
damn those are sexy as hell i wouldnt give up on the 12 inch rears though if you convert the rear to 4 lug shortened control arms and axles along with bringing in the strut tops and flares it could be made to work get me a side shot of the wheels and ill get to work in photoshop

Seems like a lot of work for nothing. Convert to 5 lug and use wide zg flares, done. 

Looks good in the pic above. I know its just a quick chop by the magical rear offset bothers me lol. Try using both fronts maybe.

Done and done! I like the offset in the rear, but since the angle is different, the chop makes it look outrageous. 

8301270003_b4ed0c1cfd_c.jpg

I wish they made these in a 9 or 10, but they are super specific application, and I would be surprised to hear that they moved a lot of these wheels. 

Seems like a lot of work for nothing. Convert to 5 lug and use wide zg flares, done. 

yeah it would be more work but that way you wouldnt have the insainly huge flares you could get away with standard zg flares and have the extra rubber underneath i just think it would look cleaner done this way

yeah it would be more work but that way you wouldnt have the insainly huge flares you could get away with standard zg flares and have the extra rubber underneath i just think it would look cleaner done this way

Thats if it worked, which it wouldnt. 12" wide wheels with proper rubber dont fit inside regular zgs. 

You seem to have it all worked out though, how many z's have you owned and put wheels on? 

Done and done! I like the offset in the rear, but since the angle is different, the chop makes it look outrageous. 

8301270003_b4ed0c1cfd_c.jpg

I wish they made these in a 9 or 10, but they are super specific application, and I would be surprised to hear that they moved a lot of these wheels. 

I like having more offset in the rear, think it looks better. What I was referring to in the 1st chop was that the offset didnt match the wheel width or hub location. Just looked off. 

Really liking those wheels on a s30 though. Someone order them yet? :-)

Seems like a lot of work to save an inch of flare lol. 

You seem to have it all worked out though, how many z's have you owned and put wheels on? 

this is true and it would only be for a balls to the wall project 

i dont have it worked out but thats just what i would do think of it as my "ultamate z" senario having room for more tire in the rear is always good more thinking out loud then anything 

I like having more offset in the rear, think it looks better. What I was referring to in the 1st chop was that the offset didnt match the wheel width or hub location. Just looked off. 

Really liking those wheels on a s30 though. Someone order them yet? :-)

I've only found 2 places that sell them!

Hawk cars special orders them from Compomotive

• Stradale Set (4 wheels, all at 8" x 15" size), £1581.00
  • Group 4 Set (4 wheels, 2 at 8" x 15", 2 at 12" x 15"), £2076.00

And a company called Alfaholics, who sells a magnesium alloy version, £1095 for the 15x8, £1195 for the 15x12!!! Probably some serious lightness though. 

As for fitting the wheels, if you got the modern motorsports adaptors drilled with 5x108mm (Ferrari pattern) you MIGHT be able to fit the 15x12 under a BAMF ZG flare from Z force production, but that would be with stretching some tire and camber. If you had to use any kind of adaptor, your looking at a IMSA style flare which I personally have never been a huge fan of.

You would probably need spacers for the fronts (unless the offset was HUGE) to keep them from looking sunken. I haven't been able to find numbers though, and I'm not serious enough to bother calling them! 

As a reference, I used my car for the photoshop, and I'm running 15x11 -25's in the rear. These rears would stick out an additional 1" assuming no spacers. 

As a reference, I used my car for the photoshop, and I'm running 15x11 -25's in the rear. These rears would stick out an additional 1" assuming no spacers. 

If they are 1" wider, and an extra inch of offset, seems like that would add up to 1.5" more poke?

Edit: Never mind. With the offset change, the extra 1" of width is all outside, so you're correct.  :thumbup:

Ya 12" is pretty extreme and hard to tuck in lol. It makes sense on super high power cars or on the stratos a rwd rally car but besides that it would prob be more detrimental then beneficial all said and done.