Head gasket for L20B bore to 86mm?

73DATSON

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure what a stock gasket size but I believe Nissan Motorsports still has a NISMO headgaskets available that has a bigger bore. I have one at home that I purchased like 6 months ago. I can try and measure later.

Edit:  I do believe it is 88.5mm bore
AD65D1FE-0EB3-41CE-9C9A-2528590FE580-194

I got some 87mm form Baz at datsport. These are made in Japan. similar to stock type.

But with the holidays Im not going to the Post office anytime soon

or you can get ahold of Datsport.

Somebody on here said that the Victor renz head gasket will fit over a 86mm bore OK. I dont know how tru that is but those gaskets are cheap and could try that out first. Rockauto???????

I got some 87mm form Baz at datsport. These are made in Japan. similar to stock type.

Somebody on here said that the Victor renz head gasket will fit over a 86mm bore OK. I dont know how tru that is but those gaskets are cheap and could try that out first. Rockauto???????

THX. Let me know if you want to sell your after the holiday.

Just check its the VR2000. But it doesn't said the bore size?
86mm is a .040" overbore on the L20B which is pretty typical overbore on a rebuild.

Most any replacement gasket for an L20B will handle that amount of overbore.

I've use FelPro, no issues with them.

So a stock gasket would work? That's great!!

Dime Dave would know more on this.

When I put my Felprp over a 86MM BORE the gasket metal ring was right on the line or even slightly in the bore. Just depends which piston hole it is. Some are OK but one was getting close and I was worryed that where it was close it could wear that part of the gasket out over time with a hot spot.  So I researched this and I believe the  Nissan 11044-U0820 was not avail. So I found Baz in Datsport has a aftermarket Japan one. S O I dont know why Nissan cat sustitute them . Maybe Nissan has them again or its a part number precedes to it.

but the next 88.5 mm is 11044-A7651

just to let you know I never put my L20 together. But I will use the 87mm HG as a have a few.

73 Dat

If your going to go to a Rotary as your otherpost I would just use a Felpro or Try a Victor Renz HG first on your L20. Or buy  both as it would still be cheaper than what I would charge you for my 87mm. Hate to sell my HG then you dnt run it more than a month and pull the motor anyways ans I loose a HG that soembody elese really could use

Dime Dave would know more on this.

When I put my Felprp over a 86MM BORE the gasket metal ring was right on the line or even slightly in the bore. Just depends which piston hole it is. Some are OK but one was getting close and I was worryed that where it was close it could wear that part of the gasket out over time with a hot spot. So I researched this and I believe the Nissan 11044-U0820 was not avail. So I found Baz in Datsport has a aftermarket Japan one. S O I dont know why Nissan cat sustitute them . Maybe Nissan has them again or its a part number precedes to it.

but the next 88.5 mm is 11044-A7651

just to let you know I never put my L20 together. But I will use the 87mm HG as a have a few.

73 Dat

If your going to go to a Rotary as your otherpost I would just use a Felpro or Try a Victor Renz HG first on your L20. Or buy both as it would still be cheaper than what I would charge you for my 87mm. Hate to sell my HG then you dnt run it more than a month and pull the motor anyways ans I loose a HG that soembody elese really could use

Your so right. I will go with the cheaper ones first THX.

Z22 gasket would work but there are or may be some differences with the coolant holes. Just graft an old L series front on around the timing chain area. It only has to hold oil spray in. As sealick, he put L heads on Z motors and had to drill some holes in the gasket I believe. This is an option only if really stuck for time of cash.

Nissan part number 11044-A7651 is an 88.5 mm bore gasket.

Stock L20B is 85mm. So 86mm is just a +1.0 mm overbore, hence the standard gasket will work (Nissan sells piston service oversize up to +1.5). If it is close to the edge of the cylinder that is OK and actaully better than standard.

th_AD65D1FE-0EB3-41CE-9C9A-2528590FE580-

You have bigger problems if your piston is coming past the deck

That's not altogether true. I set most of the L motors up to run .015" out of deck. Much more than that and your pistons start to hit the head.

The stock gasket should work just fine. As far as brand...factory Nissan is the only way to go.

I would spend the $25 on a pair of digital calipers and measure for yourself.