A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question guys... so there is a red hose that runs through my firewall on the passenger side of my engine. there is a little rubber cap with a hose tie that is spraying water whenever there is any pressure. any idea what im talking about? I can get a pic later, but i want to replace it soon. want to know what the point of it is

If replacing the hose, remove the hose clamp and slice the rubber lengthwise with a box cutter. Then wiggle loose. Too many times I've pulled and twisted a hose and damaged the heater core pipe or a rad outlet fitting.

About the heater hose,,, i cant remember which one it was but one hose goes into cabin then winds behind heater to nipple ( meaning you have to remove whole heater unit to get to it) and i believe the other goes straight in but the nipple is also inside cabin...

What i'm saying is ,, i don`t believe there are any nipples sticking out of firewall... I can`t prove this because sons car is 150 miles away,, but i'm pretty sure.

i figure i will ask here cause it moves pretty quick... what would you guys suggest for a thermostat? i just read that around 200 is a good temperature, but the highest i can find is 180. im about to go pull mine out and test it before i jump to conclusion 

OEM thermostat should be 192. Most aftermarkets are 180 (or 160). If you don't live in a really hot climate, higher is always better. 

Short answer, spend the extra $2 and get one from the dealer.   :rofl:

Well i found out that i litteraly didnt have one.... so i got a 180 degree as a temperary

It's not temporary.... 180 is perfect for an L20B. Keep an eye on the gauge for a while. People that don't know what they are doing take the thermostat out it there is an over heating problem instead of fixing it.

• Like 1

mhub...i know of a damn near new Z series A10 radiator that is for sale. 

PM me if interested. I'll inquire. 

Would it work for a KA? I was going to get an aftermarket KA rad and make some custom brackets.

The KA inlet / outlet are on the passenger side. Is this the same with a Z rad?

Would it work for a KA? I was going to get an aftermarket KA rad and make some custom brackets.

The KA inlet / outlet are on the passenger side. Is this the same with a Z rad?

Yup. Same thing. 

And we both know it will fit. 

PM me. 

We can make trades.