A10's U-nite !!!!

KA is only 2.4 but... I'm sure it does run hotter, actually. Higher compression, lesser fuel delivery, and hotter spark might contribute to higher temps. But I removed the egr so I wonder if this could help a little... Hm...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is big!

I have one (had one) in my 620 that was from a 200sx. It was wider by 3-4 " and maybe an inch taller. It was for an L series. I found one on a Z22 720 it was the same but for the inlet on the right side. So concerns about over heating are pretty small. I would worry if I had a smaller L16/18 rad.

Z22 rad. Yeah, it is huge.

motor200sxradLarge.jpg

They're OK. Not great. Not torn. 

Alexmeans needs a 4 plug Z matchbox dizzy and coil. Got one I just took off. 

Mhub needs a radiator. 

An L matchbox works just the same. I've had two Z20E 4 plug dizzys and sold one gave the other away and they are now both on L series motors. Saying they don't necessarily have to be from a Z to work.

Also, off topic, At what year do vehicles become Emission's free, In Washington State?

25 years in King county ( seattle-ish area )  which is the strictest emissions ,, but nowhere near as strict as Cali because if your car is 25 years or older it just drops off the list ,, no underhood checks or any of that shenanigens...

We have a 83 zxturbo registered in King county and thought we needed testing because it hadn`t been driven in awhile ,, we drove it over to the testing station and they told us it was one year to old  and it doesn`t need testing,,,,,,,,,,,,  that`s it.

Exactly.  IF the car is registered in a Smog-testing area (which are parts but not all of of King, Pierce, Snohomish, Clark, and Spokane counties) it's required for all cars BETWEEN 5 and 25 years old.  That means 1988 and older are exempt.  It's changed a couple times in the past- prior to 2001, all cars 1968 and newer had to be tested every other year, but that shifted to 25 years and newer in 2001.  My '78s had to go through the last time in 2002, and I haven't been to an emissions station since 2007, when my '83 had to go through.

I've had to explain that to a couple license agency (independant contractor types, weirdly I've had less issues going to an actual State office) that I don't need smog to transfer title, but they look it up and sure enough.  Guess they really don't see that many 25+ year old cars being sold.