FS '70 510 wagon (project) $700

Hate to sell, but need the cash. Needs motor and trans installed. I have a good L18 long block and 4spd trans to go with vehicle. Needs to be towed. Trailer would be best, tires not in great shape. This is a good solid goon that needs to be on the road.

g9.jpg

g10.jpg

g8.jpg

g7.jpg

g5.jpg

g1-1.jpg

g6.jpg

g4.jpg

g3.jpg

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

e4.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it has the column shift linkage,do you still have the automatic transmission& etc for the car? My wife recently said I should look for a Datsun for her to drive back & forth to salem. She doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission,so the if yours still has the automatic that might work for her.

I didnt even notice that in the pictures... column shift 70+ is rare. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No, Column shift Jatco is rare.

Column Shift BW is all that there was through early 71 production year.

My 71 was column BW (12/70 production).

I did give Crackerjack the BW tranny from my car with all I had for it. It shifted fine from what I remember. Fluid was nice and RED when I had it. I did break one of the soft lines that went into the radiator, so that would have to be dealt with.

just so I'm clear,you have the automatic,& I saw the column shift in your pics,do you know if there is any other linkage missing in the engine bay,down around the transmission,etc.? Crazy thing is MY 70 goon had the column shift automatic when I bought it. The car had been sitting for many years,had a very tired l16 & once I got it running barely moved under it's own power. I did an engine&z 5 speed swap & unfortunately got rid of the automatic,the linkage,etc. I had no way of guessing my wife would want a datsun a few years later.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.